Chrome mirror nails peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JERSEY JOCK

Reaction score
hi ladies, having problems with peeling on the tips, anyone else having problems? Gutted as they look fab!!! I've tried doing 2 no wipe top coats & a layer of calgel & 1 no wipe topcoat to seal no luck

I seal with normal top coat over the no wipe which seems to work

So chrome powder no wipe topcoat then topcoat or
chrome powder then top coat

no wipe, chrome powder, normal top coat

Will try this......base
2 colour coats
No wipe top
Chrome powder
Normal gel top coat

i did my friends last week. i did no wipe top coat, chrome then normal top coat x2 and no probs at all

Still getting wear on the tips after 1 day, have read to lightly file after application of chrome powder so will give that a go!

Helpppppp!! Normally never have any problems with nails lasting but just can't get chrome powder to work, everyone having peeling on the tip off their nails, I'm doing the procedure right so can all you lovely ladies that aren't having problems tell me what products you are using....many thanks so want this to work x

Sorry to change subject abit but where can I get chrome powder from and is it hard to apply? X

I have shellac, do they offer a no wipe top coat?

What no wipe top coat could I use with the shellac led lamp?

Helpppppp!! Normally never have any problems with nails lasting but just can't get chrome powder to work, everyone having peeling on the tip off their nails, I'm doing the procedure right so can all you lovely ladies that aren't having problems tell me what products you are using....many thanks so want this to work x

Mine has started chipping on the tips of my nails, toes are fine.
I have read that double top coating helps so I'm going to try that. Maybe the no wipe top coat over the chrome and then your normal one or a more hardwearing top coat on top of that.
I haven't tried it yet but will be doing that next time to try :)

Mine has started chipping on the tips of my nails, toes are fine.
I have read that double top coating helps so I'm going to try that. Maybe the no wipe top coat over the chrome and then your normal one or a more hardwearing top coat on top of that.
I haven't tried it yet but will be doing that next time to try :)
I've tried everything you have suggested & still happening

I've tried everything you have suggested & still happening

Oh man that's annoying :(:eek:
I have no idea then, the hyped media never talk about this stuff on actual clients :p:rolleyes:

Sorry to change subject abit but where can I get chrome powder from and is it hard to apply? X
You can purchase from Wildflower Academy. They have FDA approved chrome product

Update.....All my chrome manicures on clients have peeled on the tips, not one client has lasted

Here try this please

Latest posts

Back