Chrome nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louisepalmer

Reaction score
Hey lovelies!

So I'm still trying to perfect the chrome nail!
Has anyone got a good recommendation on which is the best non wipe top coat brand?
I brought blue sky but my chrome is still wearing at the edges, so I wondered if it's to do with that?

X

Do you double top coat after? I always do 2 after & make sure to cap the free edge with both.

Hey lovelies!

So I'm still trying to perfect the chrome nail!
Has anyone got a good recommendation on which is the best non wipe top coat brand?
I brought blue sky but my chrome is still wearing at the edges, so I wondered if it's to do with that?

X
Basecoat after chrome and then topcoat, gives the topcoat something to stick to x

Do you double top coat after? I always do 2 after & make sure to cap the free edge with both.
Yes I always finish of with two top coat layers xx

Can you let us know how this works for you. Thanks

Hiya...how much are you ladies charging your clients for the chrome powder application!? Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

50p per nail x

I'm going to try applying the base coat over the chrome before the top coats this evening. I will keep you posted on whether it works.

What non wipe top coat brands are you all using?
As if all else fails I will try another brand xx

I tried base coat then top coat - definitely last longer and not chipping as easily as it was but sides seem to be wearing away still. Only tried my thumb so far so need to do another test still.

Oh ok, what non wipe top coat brand do you use? X

I don't use one now, just my usual wipe off one. I was using IBD Intense Seal but found it's too rigid for natural nails.

For chameleon chrome or a good holo pigment a normal wipe off top coat works great, just silver chrome that is super fussy!

I have tried 2 things that work well for my chrome nails. You can either use you normal top coat, wipe the tacky layer and rub your chrome powder in quickly while it is still wet and then top coat it again. Or I recently bought the sinful no cleanse top coat which so far has worked well for me :)

I'm looking forward to cnd bringing out chrome next week x

Latest posts

Back