Chrome powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosie1993

Reaction score
Hi :)

I am quite new to nails, I have done my training with CND and was wondering where I can buy Chrome powder theres loads on ebay but not sure if it will be any good?

also if someone could tell me the steps to how you apply it that would be great! I would be using CND products and the CND lamp while doing this?

thanks,

x

I got a chrome powder off ebay, just make sure it is off someone with high positive feedback and has sold lots of them and say it's a genuine product. If not there is a brand called sinful that you can get chrome and holographic powders off a website called www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk I think you have to prove you are qualified to shop online there. They do have retail shops too but depends where you live. I use the sinful no cleanse topcoat too which is really good and you'll need it for chrome and holo powders. You basically do your gel nails as normal but use the sinful top coat instead. Then once cured you don't wipe it and just rub the powder onto the nail using some type of sponge on silicone applicator, make sure you really rub it in well! Then use another layer of the sinful no wipe top coat cure and you're done! Hope this helps :)

Also I wouldn't recommend the cheap no cleanse top coats you can get off ebay because they just peel after a couple of days... I tried the blue sky one first and it was rubbish!

thank you for that :)

I shall order some now!

x

Hi :)

I am quite new to nails, I have done my training with CND and was wondering where I can buy Chrome powder theres loads on ebay but not sure if it will be any good?

also if someone could tell me the steps to how you apply it that would be great! I would be using CND products and the CND lamp while doing this?

thanks,

x

Lecente are launching a chrome on monday thats safe for cosmetic use. Have a look into it since your cnd trained and buy product off s2 anyway why not get something from a reputable distributor???
Lecente have launched their own no wipe top coat too so you don't have to have loads of different brands out. [emoji4][emoji106]

Lecente are launching a chrome on monday thats safe for cosmetic use. Have a look into it since your cnd trained and buy product off s2 anyway why not get something from a reputable distributor???
Lecente have launched their own no wipe top coat too so you don't have to have loads of different brands out. [emoji4][emoji106]

I knew about the chrome powders being launched and that Lecente were also releasing a product that created a layer for the chrome powder, before applying top coat, and that CND were launching Duraforce a tougher top coat but I did not know about the no wipe. What is it called and when is it being released?

I knew about the chrome powders being launched and that Lecente were also releasing a product that created a layer for the chrome powder, before applying top coat, and that CND were launching Duraforce a tougher top coat but I did not know about the no wipe. What is it called and when is it being released?
From what I understood from a post from Maria on Social media is they were going to sell as a kit that would include the topcoat, powder and applicator

Lecente are releasing the chrome powders and a non wipe top coat called 'layer it' it will be released at the same time as the chrome powders on the 14th and I believe they will be selling it as a lit with with chrome powders

The CND duraforce isn't related to the chrome, it just happens to be coming out around the same time.

Xx

Hi there,
I've been using the sinful chrome and non wipe top coat....but am struggling to get the chrome to stay!! I use opi color gel....has anyone got any words of advice!??

Hi there,
I've been using the sinful chrome and non wipe top coat....but am struggling to get the chrome to stay!! I use opi color gel....has anyone got any words of advice!??
There are lots of info on chrome already on here. If you use the search bar you should find lots of info

I would go for Tiara from Magpie. I use that with my Gelish products but a no wipe topcoat from Candy Coat.

Hi there,

Hi I do a double top coat , for example I want a rose gold chrome I use my red/orange gel colour then the magic chrome clear coat , after cure pat on chrome then I use gelish top coat , cure then top coat again and wipe ! U need to get it all covered as the colour will start to come through , also I use a separate gelish top coat as I find bits of chrome stick to brush and impossible to get out [emoji2]

Thank you......:)

I think im the only person in the world who's not absolutely head over heels in love with chrome.

I mean, I'll buy it if customers want it, but I'm not overly fussed for myself - I think id rather foils.

Can anyone convince me otherwise?

I think im the only person in the world who's not absolutely head over heels in love with chrome.

I mean, I'll buy it if customers want it, but I'm not overly fussed for myself - I think id rather foils.

Can anyone convince me otherwise?
I am the same, I think it's ok a few clients have wanted it but not that many any more and I have bought a few different ones try which I don't mind because I charge £5 which pretty much pays for the whole container but I'm not madly in love

I am the same, I think it's ok a few clients have wanted it but not that many any more and I have bought a few different ones try which I don't mind because I charge £5 which pretty much pays for the whole container but I'm not madly in love
I totally think it's driven by us nail techs - we can't see past anything shiny

As you say, if clients are willing to pay for it and it covers the cost, then fair enough. But it's not for me :)

I was sooooo excited about using something new for the festive season but its given me nothing but headaches!!! Have finally given up.....:-(

I finally sussed out why sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn't. I'll do a new thread a bit later and hopefully that might help. I will say using holographic pigment is much much easier!

Latest posts

Back