Chunky glitter in gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
Hey geeks.

I've searched through the threads for the answer that I need and I can't find one 😔

I use gelicure (I don't do nail enhancements) and its really taken off for me. I try my best to offer a variety of designs and something a wee bit different. I've came across this photo;

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357068240.799356.jpg

And I would really love to try this out. Can this be done with gel polish? A few months ago I tried using chunky glitter on a colleague, but when I applied the top coat and cured it, the chunky glitter sat up and was quite rough 😭

You would do he same process as rockstars type rockstars int the search facility and lots and lots of threads will be on there with how tos on there.:green: x

You would do he same process as rockstars type rockstars int the search facility and lots and lots of threads will be on there with how tos on there.:green: x

Thanks Colleen. Have you tried this before? I just wasn't sure what the best way to go about it was because its chunky glitter... I do rockstars all the time and have no issues because its fine glitter xx

Thanks Colleen. Have you tried this before? I just wasn't sure what the best way to go about it was because its chunky glitter... I do rockstars all the time and have no issues because its fine glitter xx
Oh sorry lol yes I have done this when I use chunky glitter I lay the pieces 1 by 1 and then you can get them to lay flat to the nail otherwise if you try patting it on like with rockstars it will be very raised lol.

So if it's really chunky like in the pic I would go with placing each piece of glitter down first and then do two topcoats so 1then cure then another and cure xx

You could just pat it on still use two top coats though and really pat it down hard but I think I would be more enclined to do it individually or do a lil bit at a time with the patting and try spreading it out evenly so you have just a lil bit of overlapping then the nails won't be to thick when you finish x

You could just pat it on still use two top coats though and really pat it down hard but I think I would be more enclined to do it individually or do a lil bit at a time with the patting and try spreading it out evenly so you have just a lil bit of overlapping then the nails won't be to thick when you finish x

Thank you :) xx

Latest posts

Back