CIDESCO upgrade? Very confused as to how this works

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella-donna

SaharL
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im doing my NVQ 2 in Beauty Therapy and im almost finished. I was going to go onto NVQ 3 as soon as I finished but I wanted to have the option to work abroad and Ive heard that CIDESCO is recognised in the USA. So my question is...

Is there a way of upgrading from NVQ 2 or 3 to a CIDESCO without having to do the whole CIDESCO qualification. Like some sort of conversion course? I checked out The London School of Beauty and Make-Up and it has an intensive CIDESCO course for 44weeks and its £9000 which is very pricey. The course content covers what i am already studying or what i will be studying on the nvq 3 so I was assuming there is some sort of way of doing a conversion course where you wouldnt have to repeat the training you have already done. I cant seem to find anything out about this online and thought somebody could give me some more info on this. Would appreciate any help xxxx thanks x

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but just to let you know that a friend of mine is CIDESCO qualified and moved to Florida and she still had to do a conversion course in the US in order to get her licence.

I do think that gaining a CIDESCO qualification would be a real bonus just because of the intensity of the training so I am interested in the answers to your question however if the only reason that you want to do it is to avoid having to re-train overseas then perhaps you should look at the requirements of the country that you wish to travel to?

x

Just a thought, but could you not upgrade to CIBTAC instead of CIDESCO. CISDESCO have to achieve CIBTAC first, so the training is the same up to that level. It is also internationally recognized and half the price.

Also, ITEC is recognised in 34 countries, including USA

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Just a thought, but could you not upgrade to CIBTAC instead of CIDESCO. CISDESCO have to achieve CIBTAC first, so the training is the same up to that level. It is also internationally recognized and half the price.

I did look at the Cibtac as well, but at the schools i have found, they dont require you to have any previous qualifications or entry requirements which means i am wasting my time doing my NVQ2 which i am half way through. I wanted to know if i could do a conversion course or upgrade which didnt mean i would have to spend so much money again repeating the same thing or the same length of time to do a full cibtac or CIDESCO.

Is there no conversion courses from NVQ to either CIBTAC or CIDESCO for people who already have studied Beauty Therapy at Level 2 or 3 NVQ?

And if anyone knows of any colleges where I can do this in London?

Thanks for your replies ladies x

for what its worth if you are doing it soley in the hope of it being recognised in the states dont bother !! i did the itec and i still had to sit my licensing exams .. firstly you have to prove you have x amount of hours under your belt etc..
canada is slightly different to usa but this end of the world they all have different regualtions for every state / province ... ie say you get your licence in NY you cant legally work in california until you get your licence there too :rolleyes: i know its a pain but you just have to suck it up and do it ..
my advice would be start getting proof of hours and client testimonals as to how often they book you etc (this goes towards proving your hours )

hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back