Clay canes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zringa

Reaction score
Hi I got some fruit and sweets canes. I saw some photos in the gallery, my problem is i cannot understand how you put many canes in one nail. I managed to put two then build the gel on top and shape them and they came ok, but i would like to do a fruity set you know with more then 2 fruits and i m afraid it will be too thick. What you suggest?

Hi,

You can put in as many canes as you like, as long as they are sliced nice and thin and aren't so big!

hth x x

i bought them sliced and they are not very very thin, i don't know if i ll manage to bugg them a bit before applying them cause i don't want to buff them while they are on the nail to avoid the dust on the nail.

Hi,
I think it will be hard to avoid finish filing afterwards, there is always some part of the caneslice that will be sticking up through the gel.
I´ve done quite a lot of cane nails and to this day I always finish file for a perfect shape. Can´t you just wipe the dust of with a nailcleanser before putting on the final top gloss?

hi, yes that's what i do, i just thought to make them thinner so that i can put more than 2 on one nail. yes i clean the nail before i do the top coat, i didn't want to buff when i glue the canes you know before i put the builder.:)

I never use glue, i put a thin layer of clear, then the slices and cure, then builder gel on top of that.
HTH

Hi,

I always slice my own canes so I've never had that saught of problem with the canes being too thick...I also apply them the same way as swedish beauty, and find it the best way to applly canes.

The longer the nail, the more canes you can fit on (obviously) but I have seen tiny fruit canes around. Maybe the canes you have are abit big for the lenngth of the nails you are trying them on?

Latest posts

Back