Cleaning a massage couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamara jayne

Reaction score
I have just brought a massage couch/ chair off ebay and its covered with what looks like sprayed oil, ive scrubbed at it and nothing comes off... Any ideas??? Pretty please xxx

I've used non acetone nail varnish remover to get oil off my couch before, hasn't damaged it do far but maybe try a hidden patch first?

Kim xx

try surgical spirit works for me

If its oil you need something that will shift oil - try washing up liquid like fairy :)

Ok, ive tried fairy, no luck, ive tries surgical spirit, no luck, i dont have any turps or white spirit! I think i may have been done up like a kipper!! And its not oil, but i cant think what else it could be! Xx

If you any wax equipment cleaner or solvent try that. Then just wash it down to remove any excess product.

Thats my last resort... Could it be some kind of mould?? Its yellow though like staining, inless its been on there so long it has stained!! Xx

Go to Halfords and get some car interior cleaner, that you use for dashboards etc. Works a treat on oily couches.

I would never have thought of that, ive just caped it in bleach and that didnt work!! Ill have to pop there tomoz... Thanku xx

Buy a couch cover! Lol x

if i leave my couch in my dads workshop and go back an hour later its always sparkling clean... magic :wink2: haha x

Very true!! That will be my last option xx

I u post a picture on here hun, there may be someone out there that has seen / had this stain before and has a tip of how to remove it? X

Thats my last resort... Could it be some kind of mould?? Its yellow though like staining, inless its been on there so long it has stained!! Xx

Could be sun damage?

Kim x

Hi, when you bough it off eBay was it made clear the there were stains on it. If not, you might be able to send it back? It sounds like you've given it a good clean so maybe put couch covers or a sheet over it.

Latest posts

Back