Cleaning spray gun - how often?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo

Reaction score
Morning geeks :)
To clean my spray tan gun I fill the cup with water, open the nozzle and spray the water through. I usually do this after every tan (unless I have one tan after the other or within the space of a few hours)

Do I need to do it this much? I'm only asking as I did a tan yesterday morning and have one again this morning. What do you think?

We run our gun through after finishing tanning for the day or if its going to be sitting for a good while Inbetween just so the solution doesn't dry off in the nozzle and cause spitting.

Its also good to take the cup off after you have run it through and just let air go through it as this helps to get rid of collecting water which can cause limescale deposits.We live in a very hard water area.

I properly dismantle it and clean it about every month or so otherwise it tends to start leaking.
I have a t200.

Thank you very much, I pretty much do the same and have recently started running the air through it too to dry it off. Didn't know if I was being over the top or not! I also live in a hard water area

Thank you very much, I pretty much do the same and have recently started running the air through it too to dry it off. Didn't know if I was being over the top or not! I also live in a hard water area[/QUOT

Well we have had ours about 5 years now and apart from a bit of leaking out the nut now and again when it needs a full clean its never let us down.

That's good to know as I have a T200 too :)

If I have one tan then I always open the gun to the fastest and hold it upside down under the tap holding the spray on until the water comes through clear. I then let it air dry on a towel. If I have one tan after the other I do the same after all the tans are finished. I take it apart and wash thoroughly every now and then. X

If I have one tan then I always open the gun to the fastest and hold it upside down under the tap holding the spray on until the water comes through clear. I then let it air dry on a towel. If I have one tan after the other I do the same after all the tans are finished. I take it apart and wash thoroughly every now and then. X
Thank you, have done that a few times too. Just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing

Latest posts

Back