Cleaning your L&P brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tash_louise

Reaction score
Hi what do u all put ur brush in after doing acrylics? Do u buy brush cleaner or use Acetone? Thanks

I use nsi brush cleaner then pop some cuticle oil on the bristles. Helps to keep its shape and also stops anything setting if i missed any acrylic when i cleaned it

I use fresh monomer. Never use acetone, will damage your brush

I clean my brush in monomer.

Fresh monomer

Fresh monomer

I use fresh monomer. Never use acetone, will damage your brush
That's why I've just thrown 2 away then ok then do u keep a pot to put brush in? It's expensive though monomer just thought there would be a cheaper alternative thanks

You don't need that much really... just make sure to have enough to cover the bristles of your brush. Take a tiny glass cup, (or the CND cups which have a lid with a hole on it) take a clothes pin and make sure you keep your brush straight, not sideways. Cover the top if you want (less exposure to air) and leave for a few hours, depending on how bad it is.
It'll clean very easily with a wood stick next morning!

That's why I've just thrown 2 away then ok then do u keep a pot to put brush in? It's expensive though monomer just thought there would be a cheaper alternative thanks

My brushes have lids so I just swill in monomer dab on kitchen roll and put my lid on. I then store them lid down in my case as I'm mobile

I've been cleaning my brush with acetone for years, only if needed, and I immediately apply cuticle oil to it if I do use acetone. I've never heard about acetone damaging your brush, and I don't believe it either. After I clean my brush I store it in the plastic case my crystal katana came in.

Ok and what about after doing gel nails?

Ok and what about after doing gel nails?

My gel brush has a cap. After I use it is clean it with alcohol, or gel cleanser, very rarely with acetone, and once clean I cap it. I think a cap is a good idea for a gel brush, not a 100% necessary, but a good idea because gel can cure from sunlight so just having it capped makes sure that if any light hits it and there's any gel left in it, it won't get hard or start to cure.

Chemist here. I don't recommend acetone. It evaporates too quickly to effectively kill the microbes. Use 60-70% alcohol instead; plus it's less harsh a solvent.

Last edited:
I use Tammy Taylor brush cleaner with conditioners. I soak about 10 minutes and the acrylic just comes right out. I use a dappen dish and fill it to the bristles are covered, then prop it against something. Bristles are clean quickly and my brush stays in great condition.

Latest posts

Back