Clear nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little_star

Reaction score
Im doing acrylics at college now and I bought some clear nail tips to have a play with but whenever I try to blend them it scratches the tip so and when Iv finished you can still see the scratches.

Im doing acrylics at college now and I bought some clear nail tips to have a play with but whenever I try to blend them it scratches the tip so and when Iv finished you can still see the scratches.

have to say I've never blended a clear tip and never had a problem but I know some geeks do blend them and don't have a problem with the finish, so my suggestion is finish blending with a finer abrasive, just as you would with a finished nail.
What are you using the clear tips for? I love them when using glitter.

I use a 180/240 and they come out fine.xx

use a finer file ....... BUT, even better ...... ask your teacher.

okay I'll just try a finer file thanks. Iv only used clear acrylic so far, looking forward to using glitter though :) Thanks for the help xx

The scratches usually disappear once you have applied the product...but as nailzoo says...I would use a finer file. You do need to be careful with blending tips as you are working very close to the natural nail. x

okay I'll just try a finer file thanks. Iv only used clear acrylic so far, looking forward to using glitter though :) Thanks for the help xx

I'd still like to hear what your teacher says about this (they are the first person you should have asked), communication with your tutor is very important, ask them and get back to us in regard to what their solution is.....

Iv only tried a couple of times and I havent saw her since before I tried with it being half term so thats why I asked you's first but I will ask her when I see her next

I don't know which product line you're using but I learned a trick at an ezflow class I took a couple years ago . . .

Our instructor was showing us how to do a truely clear nail with some detailed design work; it was imperative that the tip and overlay was very clear for the design to look nice. The instructor told us, after we blended the tip that it helps to use the EZ Bond over the tip to get rid of the scratches. Now the EZ Bond is similar to any other PH prep, so I'd think that any other product lines PH prep product would do the same thing, again, I'm assuming, you'll have to try on your own. She explained that it sorta "melted" the top layer of the tip to kinda fill in the scratches.

Well, whatever it did, IT WORKED. I almost think that my clear nails came out clearer!

Good luck and let us know.

Shiloh

Latest posts

Back