Clear Shellac purple tone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, is there a true clear uncoloured Shellac? If so what's the colour called? I'm asking on behalf of one of the girls at work who has shellac and it has a purple tone to it when it catches the light? She has been asking her lady who does it for a true clear, but has been told this is the only one? Does that make sense? I only use gelish so am unsure of shellac colours. I'm sure the wonderful font of knowledge that is salon geek can shed some light on this for me!

I'm guessing she's talking about moonlight and roses, it's quite clear and shimmery but in the sunlight has a beautiful purple/pink tinge. Great for layering any colour! :)

There isn't a true clear shellac, if you want clear, you could go for brisa lite smoothing gel, which one of my clients who is a registered nurse midwife went for. Hth x

I'd say the clearest clear is 'clearly pink' which, as the name suggests gives a healthy but subtle pink glow to the nail. I was struggling to think of a clear with a purple tinge until the previous poster mentioned moonlight and roses.

If a client wants clear I use "clearly pink". It's a see through, no shimmer colour, perfect for those who are not allowed colour. As previously stated it gives a lovely healthy glow.

Karaxxx

I would say that negligee sometimes has a purpley tone to it in some lights too.

Xxx

Perhaps using the base coat then two lawyers of top coat for completely clear

I would say that negligee sometimes has a purpley tone to it in some lights too.

Xxx

I agree sound more like negligee than moonlight and roses. Best options for her would be Beau or clearly pink. Both have a pinky colour, clearly pink is a lot more subtle but no shimmer on either x

I'd go for negligee, it's a sheer with a blue tone to it when it hits the light. Clearly pink with a tiny bit of violet pearl additive would do it too x

Thanks for the responses, she doesn't recognise the names of any of those colours mentioned, but it must be one of them. She says it comes in a white bottle. Its the purple tone that she doesn't like and would like just clear due to work. I think clearly pink would be more suitable if there's no shimmer.

If it comes in a white bottle its not shellac! Is she sure she's being told it's shellac?

Some of the shellac bottles are white but they are almost completely wrapped in a jacket of the colour they represent inside. You can only see a tiny bit of white at the bottom of the bottle.

Karaxxx

Twid, she's told it's shellac, I'm assuming by white she means the bottle cover?

I guess if it's one of the lighter colours like moonlight & roses or negligee then it's such a pale colour that the bottle could look white. But if the bottle is white & round or has a little windows then it's not shellac.

Sorry if I've caused confusion.

Karaxxx

Clearly pink is about as clear is she will get. Moonlight & Roses has a slight purple/pink shimmer. That does come in a white/ iridescent Shellac bottle.

I guess if it's one of the lighter colours like moonlight & roses or negligee then it's such a pale colour that the bottle could look white. But if the bottle is white & round or has a little windows then it's not shellac.

Sorry if I've caused confusion.

Karaxxx

im not really sure what she means by white? whether its the bottle or a cover. I only know gelish, and wouldnt know a genuine bottle of shellac from a non genuine. On the nail the colour is clear, but when looked at from an angle it has purple- almost like ultra violet look to it. this is why it got noticed at work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Clearly pink is about as clear is she will get. Moonlight & Roses has a slight purple/pink shimmer. That does come in a white/ iridescent Shellac bottle.

does clearly pink have the shimmer like moonlight and roses?

does clearly pink have the shimmer like moonlight and roses?

No its clear with the smallest hint of pink. It just makes the nail bed look healthy you can't really tell it there when its on x

im not really sure what she means by white? whether its the bottle or a cover. I only know gelish, and wouldnt know a genuine bottle of shellac from a non genuine. On the nail the colour is clear, but when looked at from an angle it has purple- almost like ultra violet look to it. this is why it got noticed at work.

Jenfleur, a clear colour with no shimmer but a purple tinge as you've described doesn't sound like a CND Shellac colour to me.
I'm sure it would help if you could actually visualise what the Geeks are referring to so here you are-

What genuine CND Shellac bottles should look like, and the two colours discussed. (Please excuse the state of the model's nails!)
On the ring finger is just topcoat, middle finger is Clearly Pink (you can see hopefully that there is little difference and it's very clear looking) and the index finger is the shimmer of Moonlight and Roses x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373102181.110715.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373102181.110715.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 251
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373102209.187891.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373102209.187891.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 773
Fee, thank you for the pictures it does help. It doesn't look like the index finger, it definitely an ultra violet reflection colour when it catches the light. I'm beginning to wonder if it is genuine shellac. I think clearly pink is going to be the one for her as you can barely see it. Thatvalso seems to be a popular suggestion on here too. I googled some images of shellac bottles with her yesterday and she pointed to the white bottle as shown in your pic, but I didnt know if that was a genuine bottle or not, even so, the bottles can look the part, but unless we know it's bought from S2, how do we know? I dont want to jump to conclusions and assume that it's not genuine.

Latest posts

Back