clear tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trina From Alberta

Reaction score
I would like some tips on how to keep the clear tips looking crystal clear after blending them. :scram:

If you are wanting to acheive results like this:
ClearRound.jpg

Then you need to ensure that:

1. There is next to NO free edge line
2. Use a thin liquid adhesive (i.e. Speedbond)
3. Use Perfect Color Clear

The real catch is with clear powders... they offer NO forgiveness if there are bubbles. :evil:
A tinted powder will hide many bubbles people normally get, but clear is an evil lil bugger that way.

Does that help?

1)Does the clear tips have to have shine removed before the application od L&P?
2)Have you tried using L&P as a adhesive for tips?

Anna from Toronto said:
1)Does the clear tips have to have shine removed before the application od L&P?
2)Have you tried using L&P as a adhesive for tips?

Technically speaking... no the tips dont have to have the shine removed nor even blended in. However, for best results at least take the shine off and for even better results... still blend em in (less tip=more product=more strength)

You can use L&P to adhere tips, but the key problem there is potential overexposure and the actual application. Application of tips with L&P will generally sit further away from the plate, leading to less of a slim application (though this is mostly down to the person who is applying... I think its just easier to use a liquid adhesive)

tooodles

that I am trying to acheive. But what I am having problems with is when I blend the tip and remove the shine (I have also tried not removing the shine but I still get scratch marks where I blended) then I apply my clear but the tip comes out looking cloudy and grey. Am I not suppose to be removing the shine and if so how do I get rid of the file scratches from blending? No I haven't tried useing L&P to apply my tips yet.
Just a thought but could I use acetone to wipe the tip before I apply the acrylic? Would this help get rid of the file scratches or atleast minimize them?
Thanks for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back