Clear tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaza

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Are you meant to blend in clear tips? I assume you are meant to, but how do you get the scratches out of the tip?

Also, what do you use the clear tips for?

Yes, you are definitely supposed to blend clear tips. Once your product is applied, the buffing marks will disappear.

They're great for glitter tips! You get a really beautiful look using them.

I'm sure some would use them for nail art to.

Yes, you are definitely supposed to blend clear tips. Once your product is applied, the buffing marks will disappear.

They're great for glitter tips! You get a really beautiful look using them.

I'm sure some would use them for nail art to.

Hi Carmen,

I've always blended the clear tips, but wasnt sure if you had to or not, as they scratch up easy!

And I dont mean where I've blended, I mean on the actual tip its self!
Sometimes as Im blending, I accidentally scratch the tip with my file!

When I tried them with gel, you could still see the scratches on the tip after I had finished the set! :irked:

I've used the clear tips to do glitter french on them and they did look great! (they also hid the scratches my file made on the tip, :lol:)

If you don't remove the shine from the tip, the gel won't adhere. That's funny you could see the scratches. Maybe try a finer grit (240) and see if that helps.

When you could see the scratches through, were you doing clear tips with clear gel over top?

Hi hi

I thought you should only lightly buff the tip and never file it.

xoxox.

If you don't remove the shine from the tip, the gel won't adhere. That's funny you could see the scratches. Maybe try a finer grit (240) and see if that helps.

When you could see the scratches through, were you doing clear tips with clear gel over top?

Hi carmen!

I had this crazy idea of wanting see through tips, so yes I did use clear tips with clear gel! :lol: I won't be doing that again!!

Now I use my e file to blend the tip as I can hold that at a better angle to avoid scratching the rest of the tip!! Works a treat!!

Why dont you use well less tips, there great, no blending just lightly buff the nail and your ready to go...x

If I use a clear tip I blend it in going over the whole tip....just like I would any other tip....if your going to be applying nail art such as shells then you really need to get the tip as thin as possible so the finished result doesnt end up too thick....just use a fine grade file or block to remove scratches before applying product!

Clear tips are used if you wanted to do some nail art, if you use gel or if you just want the free edge to be clear...they look good specially with some sparklies on!

thanks for all the advise everyone!

x x

Latest posts

Back