Client complaining

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_w_

Reaction score
I went to do a spray tan on a young girl yesterday who I've sprayed once before. When I walked in I assumed I sprayed her dark last time and asked if she wanted the dark again (she's dark skinned with dark hair)
She told me no, we sprayed medium (10%) but two sprays and she'd like that again. An hour after I'd left the house her mum texts me saying her daughters tan isn't dark enough and wanted me to go back and respray a third time. I told her the development process hasn't started and what she sees is just the guide tan for me to see where to spray. She wasn't happy with this so I told her if when she gets up and it's washed off and it's still not dark enough I'll come round at 8.30am before I start work but she's to message me at 8am as I'm booked up today.
Well now at 10.30 I gets a message saying it's not dark enough and for me to come back out and respray.
Now I told her I'm working all day and I would have done her before I started work but now I'm feeling like she's going to bad mouth me if I don't respray even though I've got other ladies booked in until early evening.
Any suggestions? Xx

This isn't your fault, she chose to have medium and it was nice for you to offer to re-spray her in the morning. If you can't fit her in today then just apologise and see if she can come in another day when you are next free if not I wouldn't worry about it or if you are then maybe offer her a discount on her next treatment.

This isn't your fault, she chose to have medium and it was nice for you to offer to re-spray her in the morning. If you can't fit her in today then just apologise and see if she can come in another day when you are next free if not I wouldn't worry about it or if you are then maybe offer her a discount on her next treatment.

Thanks for your reply :)
That's a good idea I might offer her a discount on her next tan and strongly recommend she has a dark tan. I know that I've been more than accommodating but I just know when she's telling others it will be me who's unprofessional or my tans rubbish even though I know this isn't true.
Madness how one person moaning can knock your confidence when I've a great client base. Xx

One spray of 40/50ml is going to give them a great tan, a second spray of the same solution (meaning 80/100ml used in total) is wasting your solution and overloading the skin with DHA meaning cracking of the tan & a bad fade off is to be expected. You should be going up to the next percent if the client is asking for a second spray to be darker.
You also need to stress more to these clients that what they see when you spray them is just make up and is there for you to see where you have sprayed and remind them they have had a tan so they don't get wet etc.. it is not a reflection on how dark they will go when their tan has developed. (All my solutions have the same guide colour but your tan will be darker the higher the percent used).
I'd have thought checking your consultaion card to see what percent the client had last time (when she said it was different to what you thought you'd used) would have stopped this from happening.
After saying all that: She chose her percent after your recomendation and you sprayed her with what she asked for, the tan is fine - it's not your fault that she chose wrong and therefore I would be charging her again to go back and respray & extra to go before or after work if it was inconveniencing me. She was advised to have the darker tan, she decided to go lighter but it's not dark enough for her - who's fault is it? Simply, hers.

Latest posts

Back