Client complaint about a perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyM

Reaction score
Hi I’m after soon advice. One of my stylist permed a clients shoulder length hair last week. She has done this clients perm before using the same perm, leaving it on for the same amount of time and never had a problem before. As soon as the rods were out she could tell the elasticity of the hair wasn’t right, she give it a good cut then when it came to drying it was not right with not much curl but about 2/3inchs from the root was absolutely fine. We know she uses box dye colours but has the previous times she been in and has always been fine. She’s called the salon today and really wasn’t nice at all on the phone and is coming in tomorrow to see me. We have asked if she is on any medication her answer was no. We know she has recently lost her husband so must be feeling quite run down and is possibly at the age where she could be going through the change. She is 100% adamant it’s the perm we have put on, the perm we have always used on many clients and has been fine. I’ve said with home dying hair you can’t be sure they haven’t changed any ingredients and I’m thinking if the first 2/3inches are perfect this tells me the ends have been over processed as most clients that do home dying colour all their hair and not just the roots. We have asked her to come in to and have offered a free cut and conditioning treatment but she wants neither so when she comes in tomorrow I don’t know what she actually wants us to do I’m even going to give her a shampoo and conditioner mask to take home. I really can’t think it’s anythiny at all that we have done but what do I do tomorrow when she’s in the salon in front of clients. Please help xx

Latest posts

Back