Client complaint -help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
After some advice..

One of my stylists did this ladies hair 11 days ago.. Her daughter has messaged us today stating her mum is unhappy with her hair as it doesn't look any different after paying almost £100 for colour, cut and olaplex. (and she wanted the colour to feel different)

Long story short the lady had bleach blonde hair when she came in (looks like she had just had bleach foils previously).. So my stylist and the client agreed on 2x bleach foils to 1x 7/17 to break it up.

The client is also saying she had the Olaplex treatment and her hair feels dry (hmmm..)

Do we offer darker foils free of charge? Or charge?
And as for the olaplex, it's an internal treatment -which couldn't possibly dry out the hair.. She had no bleach dragged through the ends, only the 7/17 with pastel through mids and ends :/

Help!

After some advice..

One of my stylists did this ladies hair 11 days ago.. Her daughter has messaged us today stating her mum is unhappy with her hair as it doesn't look any different after paying almost £100 for colour, cut and olaplex. (and she wanted the colour to feel different)

Long story short the lady had bleach blonde hair when she came in (looks like she had just had bleach foils previously).. So my stylist and the client agreed on 2x bleach foils to 1x 7/17 to break it up.

The client is also saying she had the Olaplex treatment and her hair feels dry (hmmm..)

Do we offer darker foils free of charge? Or charge?
And as for the olaplex, it's an internal treatment -which couldn't possibly dry out the hair.. She had no bleach dragged through the ends, only the 7/17 with pastel through mids and ends :/

Help!
I would just explain that the olaplex is not a conditioning treatment... And is not used to nourish and make you hair feel silky, it repairs the bonds internally while the colour is breaking them down, so in turn your hair is stronger in the long run... It's not meant to be used as a conditioning treatment. As for the colour, I would offer her a frebbie, this once... Keeps everyone happy, hopefully that will ensure she comes back to u, one wrong move (in her opinion) and shel then tell ten people about her unhappy experience. Less hassle to keep them happy than make them unhappy. X

I would just explain that the olaplex is not a conditioning treatment... And is not used to nourish and make you hair feel silky, it repairs the bonds internally while the colour is breaking them down, so in turn your hair is stronger in the long run... It's not meant to be used as a conditioning treatment. As for the colour, I would offer her a frebbie, this once... Keeps everyone happy, hopefully that will ensure she comes back to u, one wrong move (in her opinion) and shel then tell ten people about her unhappy experience. Less hassle to keep them happy than make them unhappy. X

Thanks for the advice!
Yes for the sake of a few foils your right, bite our tongue and do a freebie. We're getting her in tomorrow for a chat so will explain Olaplex to her ..again lol

And retail a bunch of moisture products :D I have had a few clients complain that their hair was bad after olaplex, they refuse it on the 2nd appointment which is fine but they always have it again on the 3rd appointment! I'll run through their aftercare and usually it's missing a moisture product so that's the time to explain in detail the difference between olaplex working on the inside & oils etc working on the outside, they tend to understand better then

When I do an olaplex, where poss I either cut with number 2 in or leave it a good 15 mins if time but then after shampooing out, will always pop a masque on for 3-5 mins too so that the hair feels soft as I do think if they are paying that bit extra for the treatment, if the hair doesn't feel different, they won't think it's worth it.
I would prob just pop in a few more of your darker colour if they don't think it's noticeable enough and do a masque as well. Just try and do it on one of your quieter days.

Latest posts

Back