Client complaint re: gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa89

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470348421.407760.jpg

This is what I have been sent in after only 1 week from application.

The client is saying it is chipping like polish.

I am finding this extremely hard to believe.

The gel used is IBD

Can I please have advice on how to deal with this situation, and also opinions on the claim it is chipping and this is the result. I have never had this happen before, especially to this degree.

Thank you

Did you cap the free edges? I haven't been qualified long so I'm probably not the best person to advise! I think the ring finger looks as though it has been picked off. Again I could be wrong. Sorry to not be of more help. X

I did best I could as she has very short nAils. It just seems like very extreme for chipping without her picking at them.

I am going to redo them at no charge and if there is any further complaint then I will have to advise that maybe IBD just isn't the gel for her.

They look like they have been picked to me

There could be many reasons this has happened, including her biting/chewing her nails or picking them.

Have you done this clients nails before?

Yup... they defo look picked... tbh... I've never seen gel polish do that....i did my sisters nails a while back... and forgot the power bond... my bad.... they didnt chip... they just came off whole...best of luck....

On the ring finger, you see how it's come off but left little bits of residue still on the nail could suggest it wasn't cured properly, I've only noticed it do that when not fully cured, or I've used an incorrect lamp

The free edge looks thick on the tip of the little finger, if they were all like that it could cause the free edge to lift?x

These are picked and peeled.

Yeah they look a bit picked, I would out of good will gesture do them again and if the same happens she's obviously picking them and maybe suggest they don't suit her, do you use a primer underneath? And take into account her job! Try to really cap the edge and tell her to be careful with them, if she wants to get a few weeks out of them she still needs to look after them. If this has never happened before and it happens to her again you know for sure it's something with her and it puts your mind at rest

Judging by the little finger, where you can see the product is thicker on the edge of the free edge, if they all had that little ridge if thickness then those thicker bits would in all probability not cure properly, leading to peeling. Easy for the client to them peel it a bit further as we all know the slightest glitch and they cannot leave it alone.

HOWEVER

It could also be that she's done some cleaning with Cillit bang, mr muscle etc or bleach, hefty old products and they will start to dissolve the edges. Is she left handed? Don't know about anyone else but I don't really use my little finger when shoving a cleaning cloth round so that could account for that one being intact.

Did you give her aftercare advice about wearing gloves?

Hi
They have definitely been picked at or the gel would have just lifted up but she has obviously pulled it off. The fact she has short nails it is hard to seal the ends properly and you need to explain to your client that the nails only last up to 2-3wks but it depends on alot of factors a some clients do only get 7 days. To stop build up at end of nail as shown on the little finger brush the product towards the cuticle first then forward if that makes sense and ensure you use thin applications. The finger that has gel missing from the middle could be due to the product being applied to thick and also not curing correctly. I always double cure topcoat.

Under promise and over deliver as you cannot guarantee your clients treatments as you are not with them 24/7, but if they follow your aftercare correctly you can find a solution to any issues that arise.

Hope this helps
X

Thank you everyone for your advice! Hugely appreciated.

I do use power bond underneath.
She is not working at the moment as she has just had a second baby so wasn't sure if her hormones have played a part.
I have gave aftercare advice for her with regards to any cleaning products causing damage.
The lamp I used was the white oval shape Led Gellux lamp.

Thank you again guys x

Latest posts

Back