Client did not pay for fitting due to slight shade difference

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer2089

Reaction score
Hi ladies had client with bright red hair matched to closest shade and then dyed hair to closest match slight difference in shade, client not willing to pay for fitting what should you do if this happens x

Clients don't just pay for the product and service they also pay for your time. If you have already fitted them then you have lost valuable time which could have gone to a paying client. If its not that much of a difference maybe she is just trying to swindle out of paying? Does happen. Sorry I'm not much help didn't just wanna read and run! :) good luck xx

How much of a difference is it?
I think the only way to pursue something like this is through small claims. May be totally wrong though

How much of a difference is it?
I think the only way to pursue something like this is through small claims. May be totally wrong though

The top of her hair was slightly darker but at consultation I did explain and showed her the cloest colour match and dyed to her closest shade but as I had explained to her I'm not a colour technician. I done my best and expalined trhat she should have purchased a bright deep burgundy red not a bright red shade and that was why the colour was slightly off colour x I spent most of the day and night doing this client. From now on money upfront x

theres really nothing u can do unforunately its a civil dispute! sound like u did and explained everything right, take a 50% non refundable deposite in future! x

Also In the future bear in mind that colour does not react the same way with extensions as it does with natural hair. So i would have had client sign a waiver to say she is happy to go ahead.

Jennifer are you a hairdresser or just an extensionist? I'm guessing extensionist personally from words used, if so you should not be advising colours at all.
Iv had a lady today who has a girl who's an extensionist only who recommended she came to see me because of a colour difference in hair, she was sent with a strand for me to match to. This is the correct way for an extensionist to deal with colour differences before fitting xoxo

Jennifer are you a hairdresser or just an extensionist? I'm guessing extensionist personally from words used, if so you should not be advising colours at all.
Iv had a lady today who has a girl who's an extensionist only who recommended she came to see me because of a colour difference in hair, she was sent with a strand for me to match to. This is the correct way for an extensionist to deal with colour differences before fitting xoxo

Hi I colour matched correctly when hair cam the shade was slightly different and the client didn't want to pay exyra money for a hairdresser to dye her hair priperly, she agreed to dye her hair extensions and got the dye herself, I had expalined that I was not a colour technician only reason I knew she had wrong colour was I used to be bright red and she was the colour I was I recommeneded the dye I used that matched her own hair. I had said that she would have been better getting a hairdresser to dye her hair extensions after fitting as the shade was slightly off, but you can't always get an exact match. Xx

If a client of mine tried to dictate to me what price she or he felt my time was worth. I would show them the door.

Hi I colour matched correctly when hair cam the shade was slightly different and the client didn't want to pay exyra money for a hairdresser to dye her hair priperly, she agreed to dye her hair extensions and got the dye herself, I had expalined that I was not a colour technician only reason I knew she had wrong colour was I used to be bright red and she was the colour I was I recommeneded the dye I used that matched her own hair. I had said that she would have been better getting a hairdresser to dye her hair extensions after fitting as the shade was slightly off, but you can't always get an exact match. Xx

We dye our clothes we colour our hair. Are you insured to colour hair for profit?

The top of her hair was slightly darker but at consultation I did explain and showed her the cloest colour match and dyed to her closest shade but as I had explained to her I'm not a colour technician. I done my best and expalined trhat she should have purchased a bright deep burgundy red not a bright red shade and that was why the colour was slightly off colour x I spent most of the day and night doing this client. From now on money upfront x

What do yoy mean you told her to buy a colour???

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What do yoy mean you told her to buy a colour???

I the client had already spare hair dye and she wanted to dye them I had explained I wasn't a colour technician and that she really should go to a hairdresser but she wanted to dye them herself and did not listen to my advice, I only advice the dye I had used as my hair was her colour and dye my extensions and they dyed perfectly, but said she wouyld have been better for a hairdresser to dye them as they would have know what shade to put through her extensions but she didn't want to spend the extra money so she decided just do dye her extensions herself x

I the client had already spare hair dye and she wanted to dye them I had explained I wasn't a colour technician and that she really should go to a hairdresser but she wanted to dye them herself and did not listen to my advice, I only advice the dye I had used as my hair was her colour and dye my extensions and they dyed perfectly, but said she wouyld have been better for a hairdresser to dye them as they would have know what shade to put through her extensions but she didn't want to spend the extra money so she decided just do dye her extensions herself x
It's COLOUR not dye !!!!!

I'm sorry but the whole thing sounds really unprofessional. If you act like an unprofessional then clients will take advantage

No I do not dye hair, client agreed and was happy to go ahead even though I had explained that a hairdresser would have been the appropriate person but despite all my efforts she decided to dye them herself and because the dye she used didn't match top part of her hair she refused to pay for fitting even though I had done my job.

In my opinion:
Total disaster.
I'd just leave it and let it be a lesson learnt, as to me it sounds like both you and your client are wrong!
You should of never mentioned any colours as this is classed as recommendation.
Your client shouldn't of coloured the extensions.
You shouldn't of fit them as she refused professional colouring.
She shouldn't be having extensions if she doesn't want to pay a professional for a colour, if she won't do this then how do you know she will buy the correct after care?

This type of consultation flashes red warning lights at me straight away, if a client shows me this type of lazy attitude I refuse the services, as they are all walking and talking advertisements for me!

Let this be your lesson and learn from it, it is awful that your out if pocket but there's nothing that can be done x

Last edited:
No I do not dye hair, client agreed and was happy to go ahead even though I had explained that a hairdresser would have been the appropriate person but despite all my efforts she decided to dye them herself and because the dye she used didn't match top part of her hair she refused to pay for fitting even though I had done my job.

I don't get when she COLOURED her hai? Before you did the extensions or after? In which case why hasn't she paid already..I'm confused :(

Well id of just refused to do the job your supposed to be the proffesional etc, but i just think well saying oh ok use this box dye etc it wont of sounded very proffesional to her really and if she was not willing to pay money for her colouring then was she really willing to pay for good extension id say learn from this for next time x

If she refused to pay after you fitted them then I would have asked her if I could remove the then and there

I'm sorry but the whole thing sounds really unprofessional. If you act like an unprofessional then clients will take advantage

Thats what i think to x

Latest posts

Back