Client - driving me NUTS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry's Nails

Reaction score
Hi there
I have a client that I have been applying enhancements and infills for some time now (approx 6 months). She is epileptic, and on medication. We have managed to be able to keep full sets on her for this time (after her having probs with another tech), and regular infills, so I am seeing her usually every 2 weeks.
Just lately she has been ringing me every day - either to complain about my pricing, or generally about her boyfriend LOL. I think she thinks she has befriended me as her new best friend and counsellor !!!!!! :irked:
Even tho she is a good client and very regular - how can I stop all these after hours phone calls and whinging about her own life.
How do I deal with this !!!! - She is interfering with my private personal time, to the point that she even now rings me at dinner time, and this morning at breakfast time, not for nails, but for her personal life.
I cant afford to lose her as a client - so how can I delicately deal with her invading my life otherwise ?????
Any advice is gratefully appreciated.

Every time she rings don't let her get to chat mode...be firm and say at the start that you are either with a client and working or that you are busy with something else.....after a while she should get the hint.

It is hard to not get too friendly with clients and I have had the same situation that you are in....it might also be a good idea to just have 1 number (mobile) for business and your home number as private (not to be given to clients) then if your mobile rings out of hours and it comes up as a clients number just don't answer it. If you where based in a salon they couldn't ring you 24/7.

Hi there
I have a client that I have been applying enhancements and infills for some time now (approx 6 months). She is epileptic, and on medication. We have managed to be able to keep full sets on her for this time (after her having probs with another tech), and regular infills, so I am seeing her usually every 2 weeks.
Just lately she has been ringing me every day - either to complain about my pricing, or generally about her boyfriend LOL. I think she thinks she has befriended me as her new best friend and counsellor !!!!!! :irked:
Even tho she is a good client and very regular - how can I stop all these after hours phone calls and whinging about her own life.
How do I deal with this !!!! - She is interfering with my private personal time, to the point that she even now rings me at dinner time, and this morning at breakfast time, not for nails, but for her personal life.
I cant afford to lose her as a client - so how can I delicately deal with her invading my life otherwise ?????
Any advice is gratefully appreciated.

These situations are so so delicate aren't they and if not handled right you can so easily loose a client over it.

Remember the kiss kick method and use it wisely.

Phone rings!!

Kiss __ Oh Hi ????.

Client talks.

Kick. __ I hope you won't mind, ??? , but we have to talk.
Kiss __ I really enjoy our chats and the time we have at our appointments and I don't want to make you feel that I don't but
Kick __ I just can't spend time chatting on the phone every day. It has just got a bit too much lately.
Kiss __ I value your friendship and look forward to your appointments and it would be best for me if we saved up all the news and gossip until then. I hope this works for you too.

Something along those lines and in your own words but you see what I am getting at. I hope.

Otherwise have a separate line for your business and home.

I am just so nuts at having 2 lines... I always either give the wrong number to a friend or to a possible client, it's so annoying!!

ive dealt with a number of epileptic patients in my time so i know where you are coming from (i'm ex nurse) when it comes to dealing with a client that has become overfriendly it is a delicate situation & it is hard to keep your cool especially in your situation, have you thought she is maybe suffering from depression and is emotionaly stressed (giving situ with boyfriend)..in some cases epileptics have short memory laspes(blackouts) & confusion after a seizure ,forget where & what they were doing then the brain activity returns to normal i.e. remebers last thing with you & calls you up to chat which you haven't got time for ..busy with other clients ect.. .she sees you as the someone for a shoulder to cry on and you listen to her ,her new best friend & always there to help .offcourse you don't want to loose her as a client but the help only involves her nails not her social\private life .. to let her not affect or interfere with your own personal life...i would change your personal home number or get a block on her number & just stick with the one contact number for clients(mobile phone or extension number)..also the other girls giving good advice & i would agree ...but you have to draw the line & nip it in the bud so to speak & say enough is enough... but approached delicately... before it gets a bit much, or it'll be you that'll get stressed out and pulling your hair out with being driven up the wall

Last edited:
I am just so nuts at having 2 lines... I always either give the wrong number to a friend or to a possible client, it's so annoying!!

If it solves the problem, then maybe you should get organised :lol:

I don't mean that in a nasty way, but if you get a business mobile, I assume you will have business cards which you ALWAYS carry on you :wink2:

So, is someone asks you for you business number, you just whip out your business card and no more getting mixed up with numbers !!

Marlise

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice.
I had to see her the other day again for a few repairs (broken during a suizure) - and I just made polite conversation and made no mention of her dramas. I think she tool the hint in the end.
Until next time anyway LOL...........

Latest posts

Back