Client has a broken toe but wants Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NourishedNails

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never done gelish on a broken toe :/ my client is also a good friend but I want to make sure there is no contradictions etc, I know it is obviously sore so I have to go very careful with all the prep etc and there may well be bruising, what would you recommend?

Many thanks xx

OUCH! Sorry for your friend. I believe i'd stay away from the broken toe. If you both decide to do it anyways i think getting clearance from her Dr. would be in both of your best interests. Let us know what Dr. says, as i'm interested in how this goes.

Let me know too... Wouldn't touch it... :S

Why not do it ? If its not open or infected and she can put up with it being moved about a bit I can't see why you shouldnt.

Why not do it ? If its not open or infected and she can put up with it being moved about a bit I can't see why you shouldnt.

Oh she totally wants it doing so I am doing it for her just wanted a bit of advice if anyone had done it before?!

It isn't open or infected xx

Oh she totally wants it doing so I am doing it for her just wanted a bit of advice if anyone had done it before?!

It isn't open or infected xx

Well, then I don't see the problem either...

I've had a broken toe recently and had to spend a couple of weeks with it 'buddy-strapped' to the next toe along while it healed.

I cant imagne you'll be able to do much pep because any movement to the toe will hurt it and might move the fracture around.

You might be able to dab on a bit of scrubfresh and then paint on the gel - at least that's as much as my toe could have taken!
As she's a mate maybe let her do it on that toe so that she can feel whats happening as she does it. Guess it depends how badly she's broken it.

I've had a broken toe recently and had to spend a couple of weeks with it 'buddy-strapped' to the next toe along while it healed.

I cant imagne you'll be able to do much pep because any movement to the toe will hurt it and might move the fracture around.

You might be able to dab on a bit of scrubfresh and then paint on the gel - at least that's as much as my toe could have taken!
As she's a mate maybe let her do it on that toe so that she can feel whats happening as she does it. Guess it depends how badly she's broken it.

It isn't strapped, don't think it is too bad otherwise she would have said... Yeah good Idea I will get her to push the cuticle back (if she can) and shape etc then I can just paint nice and lightly :)

I will be ringing her Thurs just to make sure as she is booked in on Fri x

a broken bone is a contraindication. I wouldn't do them for fear you make her toe worse.

Not answering the question but I broke my foot last aug. so glad that morning I had given myself a pedi. Everyone at the hospital commented on my pretty toes!!

This is a hard one....A broken bone is most certainly a contra-indication- any recent fractures are also. But i can understand that your friend feels down and wants her toes done, and as 'a friend' you want to make her happy.
I would therefore be inclined to just pain them with a normal polish- as i would doubt you could prep properly? or remove comfortably for some time?
I would do this as a friend, not a professional. no change. no consultation, no uniform- a casual visit that turns into a girly session....
remember even friends have been known to sue!!
If on the other hand you wanted to charge , i think you should contact your insurance company first and see where you stand? x

Latest posts

Back