Client has used Colour B4 stripper-what to do now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nan21

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a new client booked in today who would like to be some kind of balayage .
She messaged me with an sos message last week , she had tried to create balayage herself with a level 3/4 box dye and already bleached ends . When rinsing it had clearly ran through the bleached ends ...il post pics !
She has just sent me a pic of her now as she’s used a colour b4 stripper and it looks bright copper.
Has anyone covered over these strippers before I use Wella so was only going to use colour touch but worried about the pigment underneath and also porosity as it almost looks bleached on the photo.

, I’m having trouble uploading it’s says my pictures are to large

Also, have you done a skin test?

Thank you for replying
Yes I tested for colour touch ? As that is what I was going to use but now the client has used a colour b4 on it I’m not sure what to put over the picture looks like a level 8 . Her natural is a 7.
I have no clue on colour b4 and such like

Read the link I posted. I wrote it to help geeks who haven’t used these types of products before. It’s really important to understand how the product works because if you just go in with your target colour, it will end up looking much darker.

If you’re still unsure, I can try to answer any specific queries, if that helps?

Thank you I have just looked through your post it helps lots , I have been on Wella colour correction course but I have a feeling that the general rules of colour correction will not work if hidden molecules are still in the hair . I’m not sure what to advise as like

I think it’s best to go over the root with a colour touch maybe Level 7 ? but then have a feeling it will wash out quite quickly or advise the client to go darker ?
Any help will be great thank you

I can’t seem to upload photos from iPhone as it says they are too large

The client is coming at 12 so any help at all would be great

Have you seen her in person to strand test and skin test?

Strand test with bleach

Strand test with bleach
Thank you haven’t been back on here since Thursday . Yes I had tested her 3 days before for Wella colour touch and then she put a colour b4 on without consulting me.
So I rang Wella help line they advised to stand test with a peroxide even as low as 1.9 % and if the hair goes darker then it means the modules are still in there . I did this and it didn’t go dark I then used a colour touch 6/71 on roots which came out so much darker as o was told could happen and then few bleached foils through the ends . She was really happy but I forgot to take pics .
Thank you for all your help

Latest posts

Back