Client hates UV lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
I've just had a call from a new client saying the strangest thing I've ever heard. Now I'm not disputing what she says as she knows what she feels but I just wondered if anyone else has every heard of this?

She says she can't put her hands in the UV lamp as it makes them feel stiff & tight. They don't burn or get hot but she sweats a lot and feels really uncomfortable in herself. She says she's not a nervous person and doesn't have any feelings about the use of UV light.

It doesn't make any difference to me as she's booked in for Minx hands and feet, which she's had with another therapist many times before. She knows that Minx doesn't last well on hands but says she just can't have anything that involves the UV lamp.

Karaxxx

Hmmmm this sounds quite strange. I know there's some small uv lamps out there that you just put your finger tips in it and it literally just covers the nails. iF she wants to have her nails done that involves a uv lamp and if she's interested in getting them done all the time, maybe bring up in conversation about the uv lamps I was just talking about and get her to purchase it and bring it with her to every appointment she makes which involves a uv lamp if she really really really doesn't like the normal ones? Just an idea? Xx

I wonder if she suffers from hyperhydrosis (excesssive perspiration) and she feels self conscious about her condition or feels it makes it worse?

maybe she has a sensitivity to uv / sunlight ?

or maybe its anticipation ? Adrenalin , endorphin type release ?
I know you said she dosent have any feelings about the light but she maybe dosent realise that she dose ? if she didnt she wouldnt have told you about it .

how dose she feel / sweat / under the heat of the minx lamp ?

maybe at some point she has had a treatment that had a thormo heat reaction , or shrinking ?

maybe show her your Shellac lamp ? and the fan , timer ect , this might relife some of her anxiety ?

maybe show her your Shellac lamp ? and the fan , timer etc , this might real life some of her anxiety ?

That's a good idea I'll try that.

I think the idea of using just a small fingernail lamp would be a great one, but I only use Shellac and wouldn't be able to compromise - but also a good suggestion.

Thanks guys

Karaxxx

Have you seen the gloves for clients to wear when using an UV light? Of course only the finger tips are exposed, but it goes up to about the crease of their elbow, its made for UV sensitive people :)

Sent from my LG-LG855 using SalonGeek

It doesn't hurt me, but my skin does tingle under the uv lights. It's a weird feeling, but I'm told it's not dangerous, and it stops as soon as the light goes off. A hankie helps, as well, if gloves are cumbersome.

Does she have any other condition e.g. arthritis? A couple of my older ladies who have mild arthritis find that keeping their hand still in the lamp, particularly towards the end of the process (e.g. after their hand has been in and out a few times!) causes them to feel stiffness in their fingers and they need a good wiggle but this is the condition rather than the lamp. Just a thought!

Latest posts

Back