Client losing a nail...advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxglove

Reaction score
This is a little bit of an ongoing saga! Briefly, my client shut her thumb in a car door a few weeks ago (2 weeks before her wedding too!). She still has bruising around her matrix, and has been having regular natural nail manicures with me.

Today I noticed that the nail has a gap just below the cuticle - as though the nail is growing out, and nothing is replacing it. It looks like she will loose this nail, and I do wonder if it will ever grow back as the damage to the matrix does look quite significant.

What can I advise her to do, or what can I do for her, if she does lose her nail? Can anythng be done to disguise it at all? If it doesnt grow back, is it possible to make a new nail for her?

Any advicevery much appreciated :)

you might find that a new nail will grow or if it doesnt and theres no infection, or soreness and its dry and everything!! lol, you can apply a nail on her nail bed that she applies as and when she likes with adhesive, or if the nail does grow you can sculpt off that again as long as its clean and dry etc

THank you for the replies so far..!

At present I only do natural nails..but I am about to start a Fibreglass course with Essential Nails. Would it be possible to fashion a new toenail out of fibreglass, and then adhere it to the nailplate with gelbond, in the same way as in the tutorial?

Latest posts

Back