Client losing thumbnail enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hi, i have a client who has text me to say she has broken both her thumbs. I did this set a week ago. She has pink and white l&p. Now she had her nails a little longer this time and also asked for them to be a little thinner. I advised against going both longer and thinner but she wanted to give it a try. I also struggle at times with the apex on thumb nails so i believe that this has contributed to the breakage. One she broke doing up her button on jeans and the other on a necklace clasp. She had no lifting and the other nails are all still fine even though they are longer/thinner.
She has very wide flat thumbs and think this is why i struggle with her apex. Does anyone have any tips on how to create a strong enhancement while still making it look beautiful and natural.
Thanks all. :)

Why don't you try a poppit on thumbs? maybe a daft idea, but worth a try.

xxx

Flat nails are common and often a problem.

The reason a 'good' apex usually looks so bad is that the tip isn't applied at the right angle. Try really angling the tip down when you apply it, much more than you think. That lower arch will help you create a good, strong upper arch that looks natural. To angle the tip down you will need to remove most of the contact area.

Also, make sure you use a flat tip (or a bigger size that is tailored to fit so flatter) A deeper 'c' curve will 'pop' up and cause a problem. It is worth using a gel adhesive too to help.

Thanks for the advice, i will definatley try out those ideas. I don't have any gel adhesive but will have a look at getting some. Im fixing them this week so i can have a try then, thanks xx

Latest posts

Back