Client Lost, I think

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Bloody hell :cry: I was supposed to see an L&P client on 31st July but she cancelled 2 days before saying she had to work & would be in touch. But i've heard nothing since then,

Even more anoying is I bought a bottle of Solar Oil for her to be bought at this appointment specifically and as requested...

I know I will sell it to someone else but I have learnt from this and next time get the money upfront, I can't beleive how stupid I have been, nor do I understand why I have not heard from her!!

I did lovely nails - but hey thems the breaks

she will probably ring you in a couple of days , i wouldnt worry, if she doesnt come back i am sure you will get 2 new ones to replace her , love dee

Fab Freak said:
Bloody hell :cry: I was supposed to see an L&P client on 31st July but she cancelled 2 days before saying she had to work & would be in touch. But i've heard nothing since then,

Even more anoying is I bought a bottle of Solar Oil for her to be bought at this appointment specifically and as requested...

I know I will sell it to someone else but I have learnt from this and next time get the money upfront, I can't beleive how stupid I have been, nor do I understand why I have not heard from her!!

I did lovely nails - but hey thems the breaks

Don't worry about it babe, I had a client who did this consistently until I called her work and asked did she realise how much money I had lost by her messing me about, I expected to lose her as a client to be honest but she toed the line from there on in! :eek:

Dont be blaming yourself Lou, coz clients come and go and it may be absolutely nothing to do with you. I had one that loved the nails but had to cancel an appointment as she had some problems with her family and never ever came back. People get into a routine of appointments and once that routine is broken they easily fall out of it - does that make an ounce of sense :o

Thanks Dee, JoJo and Carole for your words...

I'm not overly worried as my advert will be out in a month, hopefully that will change things....

hi hun have you took an advert out in yp

Hiya

Just a thought did you take her phone no...........as you could phone her and let her know her order has arrived (Solar oil)

Take care Dawnie xxx

You could phone her and ask her if she wants her sloar oil still. Then you could also asked why she never phoned for another appointment.

Keep Smil :lol: ing

You're going to get the break you deserve soooooon I am sure. What kind of advert are you doing?

dee said:
hi hun have you took an advert out in yp
Yep it will be out on the 13th of September or thereabouts - fingercrossed this will be what does it for me....fed up of wearing out my shoe leather :rolleyes:

Dawnie said:
Hiya

Just a thought did you take her phone no...........as you could phone her and let her know her order has arrived (Solar oil)

Take care Dawnie xxx
Good idea Dawnie and BeautyBonanza - i wont look all sad and desparate then...which is something I could never do.

NailNovice2 said:
You're going to get the break you deserve soooooon I am sure. What kind of advert are you doing?
Thanks Chris - I am doing a standard 6cm x 3cms, to see how the response goes then if it works next year I might consider a larger size and maybe even colour....cant wait for December to see if my business picks up because of it... :D

hi hun i cant wait for mine to come out either!! i am hoping that when it comes out i will get a few steady ones! i am not greedy just wanna be doing something or i am gonna forget :lol: ,

Fab Freak said:
Thanks Chris - I am doing a standard 6cm x 3cms, to see how the response goes then if it works next year I might consider a larger size and maybe even colour....cant wait for December to see if my business picks up because of it... :D

i think yellow pages is the best value for money advertising, what else gets kept for a whole year. i seem to be getting a steady flow of business from my ad, unfortunately not all of them are long term comitments, many just treating themselves for holidays or special occasions. still, better than nothing and once they have your card to hand, you will be the first call for the next treat.i did prince williams cousin a few weeks ago and she found me in the yellow pages :cool: . our y.p comes out in april, do they vary around the country ? also, nailtechs are lumped in with beauty salons here but we are getting our own category next year, does that vary too ?

Its so hard to get new clients sometimes, and then when you do a good set of nails and they don't come back it knocks your confidence.

I know alot of people only want them occasionally but i find they won't say that, but i do find they will come back to you at some point.

Also i think if a client mucks you around they aren't worth having either. Good luck in getting more clients, i'm hoping to get more as well.:|

dee said:
hi hun i cant wait for mine to come out either!! i am hoping that when it comes out i will get a few steady ones! i am not greedy just wanna be doing something or i am gonna forget :lol: ,

How true Dee it really worries me to..as you cant expect to keep a skill without practicing...

Latest posts

Back