Client nail infection - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cottoncandy

Reaction score
I had a client come in for extensions two weeks ago. She had the typical bitten nails and wanted to stop biting etc

I applied the acrylic and everything was fine. Yesterday she came for a Rebalance which was fine until her thumb started to swell this morning.

She came back in and I removed the nail enhancement and the nail is fine but it seems to be at the corner of the cuticle and yes it was swollen.

I advised her to see her GP which she did. Apparently she has a severe infection which needs to be drawn out at the hospital on Friday?! I find this odd as if it's severe it would have been done today/tomorrow.

All my tools are disinfected and I don't cut cuticles. Her cuticles are quite dry though. I did not see any redness nor did I catch the skin.

It's only the thumb that's having the problem.

D freaking out now :/

If she's a biter she's probably had a nibble at her cuticles & infected it herself.

New If she's a biter she's probably had a nibble at her cuticles & infected it herself.
I agree. Severe nail biter often get infections of the soft tissue.....all self inflicted!

Sounds like she's deffo done it herself biting her nails! You can get so many infections from biting your nails too far!!

I agree, shes done it herself. I see that you said you disinfect all your tools. Are you aware that this doesnt remove all spores and it is the lowest form of hygiene. If course its better than nothing but maybe look into an autoclave. Im not sure on what the standards are where you work.

Latest posts

Back