Client needs a toe nail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie89

Reaction score
I have a client at 4 oclock who wants a big toe sculpted, she only has a tiiiny bit of nail at the moment, is it likely a sculpt will last on her toe? i have done them before but most of them have had at least half the size of a normal toe nail?

It will last as long as it lasts .. you can but try.

I and others have had fantastic resuls with Retention+ as it bonds gently to the hard skin on the nail bed. Most only have this done for special occasions or holidays and they will generally last long enough for that .. if it does come off, make sure you have sold the client some GelBond to re-attach it to her nail again.

Thank you, I use retention+ aswell so i will give it a bash! Just trying to search for other geeks photos who have done it before.

Search prosthetic toenail ... there have been many posts about it.

I'v just read on a few threads about techs who will sculpt the toe nail then glue it on? Would this be more effective? or would I be best to apply l&p directly on to the small bit of nail with a form? When you said Retention+ bonds gently to the hard skin on the nail bed do you apply the acrylic directly to the skin :S or on a form, sorry not sure if im reading this right lol?

I'v just read on a few threads about techs who will sculpt the toe nail then glue it on? Would this be more effective? or would I be best to apply l&p directly on to the small bit of nail with a form? When you said Retention+ bonds gently to the hard skin on the nail bed do you apply the acrylic directly to the skin :S or on a form, sorry not sure if im reading this right lol?

I apply directly to the skin and do not use a form at all. Don't worry about starting on the road to overexposure .. you won't be doing it that much.

I see! I'll see how I go then, will take before and after photos to see the difference too. Thanks for your advice! :)

Hope it went ok. I wore a sculpted big toe for quite some time - I have taken a course of lamisil and it has recovered now. I did as Geeg has said applied directly to my toe, no sculpt, as you dont need a long toe nail.

Currently I use poppits on my toes with sparkly gold. PopIts werent out when I had a poorly big toe, but possibly PopIts might work well too??? Just a thought?

Julie x

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back