Client no show, can I post on Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Ahhhh my client never even bothered to cancel. For a 7.15pm app which my client at 6pm also cancelled but she had to take her dad to hospital so completely understandable. Would it be rude to put a post on my facebook page to explain I have 1, 2 and 6 year old that I need to get a babysitter for so can only work so many hours and 7.15 is late for me to get a babysitter. I wud still be annoyed if I didnt have to get a baby sitter but because I do and my time is precious then wen I get a cancellation or this case a no show its very frustrating. I have had a lot of people cancelling the day before which I do understand it cant be helped but maybe if I put a post about this person not turning up then maybe people might think more about cancelling. Or do I just have to accept this is the very frustrating part of working for urself? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Accept it, I think it would be very unprofessional to slyly write on fb about a client.

I agree with the above deal with it! We all have cancellations last minute and no shows and yes it's annoying but it's just part of life!

I woulldnt post on facebook about it or any social media. In this case your 6pm client may think you are talking about her and that could end up in a really bad situation if she did.

Its just a really frustrating part of the business! X

You could put a notice up on facebook along the lines of how you have to optimise the use of your time, so could clients kindly be on time for thier appointments or give you good notice if they need to cancel.. etc etc...

I would release a t&c's type document and post it up very generally about cancellations and no shows! That way it's non specific.

Yeah it would be silly to put a post saying about this client not showing I was just annoyed because my babysitter was hanging around for my last client. I would like to put a post up just to say something along the lines of to please inform me if you cant make appointments. Would this be ok? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always tell my clients that I'm booking a babysitter (if I am) so please let me know with as much notice as possible if you need to cancel or rearrange because I still need to pay her if its short notice. I think most would feel too guilty to just let you down for no reason after they know the facts.

No shows at that time of night are so frustrating! Nothing worse than waiting around for time wasters! I take a deposit for all evening appointments(after4pm bcos that's my busiest time of day) and any treatment that lasts for over an hour..have done for past year now works out really well for me as I ALWAYS hear off a client in the morning if they need to cancel and then they get a full refund on their deposit.. I have in t&c that I want 7hours notice for cancelations otherwise no refund.

Latest posts

Back