Client picked off Shellac, how to treat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
:rolleyes: yes I am not too pleased, after all the aftercare advice and I have re shellacked 4 times now and this time she picked it off.

I'm going round tonight but she doesn't want reapplication but for me to sort them out "nothing fancy"

What would you do? I'm concerned now they are damaged and she will blame the shellac! Would you do some sort of treatment with solar oil? And leave them bare with oil or a protective polish? any light buffing to remove any visible damage?

E x

Ha my smily didn't work in title!,

I share your frustration. I have a client who prefers to pick hers off because apparently it's "therapeutic". I fail to see whats therapeutic about trashing your own nails personally but there you go!!

Her nails are going to be rough so I would buff them gently with the soft side of a koala (maybe you'll need to use the 240 grit side if there's any bits of base coat remaining), then lather them in solar oil and buff it in with a buffer, then just do a file * polish if she doesnt want more Shellac doing.

You can educate your clients but you'll always get one who thinks they know best and at the end of the day its their nails, all you can do is explain to her the damage she's doing and do your best to sort it out for her.

Thank you

Sorry I'm being a bit slow tonight, if I've buffed in solar oil, can I paint straight over? Just my head tells me it wouldn't bond?

Ex

Yes you're right, you will need to dehydrate the nail with scrubfresh after the solar oil, but if you've buffed it in then enough of the oil will have penetrated the nail to do it good. Also after you've applied your polish you could add another drop of solar oil to each nail which will further condition the nail and speed up the polish drying time

Right thank you! I'm so used to reshellaking or full deluxe manicure that when she asked me for nothing fancy just to quickly sort them I wondered what would have the biggest repair factor for the least amount of time!

E x

I share your frustration. I have a client who prefers to pick hers off because apparently it's "therapeutic". I fail to see whats therapeutic about trashing your own nails personally but there you go!!

Oh, I can relate to this, unfortunately. When I get a chip (usually from a broken nail) in my Shellac/Gelish/gel polish I have to fight like hell the temptation to peel. It is therapeutic in the same OCD way that biting, picking nails and cuticles is. I know it's bad but sometimes, I just can't stop myself. Now I reach for my Solar Oil instead of picking.

Well they were absolutely fine! Luckily her nails are tough as old boots. You couldn't tell anything had been on them let alone picked off thank goodness!

I worked on cuticles. Filed nails a bit shorter, applied solar oil, buffed in solar oil, hand massage, scrub freshed lightly and then applied CND toughen up (not that they needed it as they are strong) and then more solar oil. She didn't want a colour.

She has rebooked for another shellac next month!

She did know it was naughty to pick it off and has promised not to do it again! :o

Latest posts

Back