Client possibly self harming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi
I have a client that has come to me a couple of times for treatments, relatively new. She brought her 13 year old daughter to have a spray tan today for the second time. When I was spraying her I noticed scratches (lots of them and looked like had been done with something thin and sharp) they were all over the top of her stomach and high up on the top of her thighs just under knicker line. I didn't mention this when they were here. I feel I need to let her mum know what I saw I case she doesn't know? I really don't want to but feel I should as a mother myself. She may already know I guess I just need advice on what you would do. Im not worried about losing a client if that was to happen I just want to save them embarrassment and will feel awful if I've got the wrong impression!

That's a very difficult one but if it were my daughter I would appreciate you telling me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you're spray tanning a 13 year old, shouldn't the mother be present at all times?

Vic x

Yes exactly what I was thinking Brooke!

Vic she was in the same room but sitting to the side of the tent not looking in if makes sense x

I would probably have said "oh what's that on your skin? " and made it bloody obvious. I'm afraid that I think the mother probably knows. When I reported my daughters friend to the school for self harming we lived to regret it. It was dealt with so badly my daughter got completely ostracised. I'm afraid I probably wouldn't. If the daughter got undressed and the mother was in the same room, I would think she knows, but just my two pence x

I've decided to text her. If she takes it the wrong way that's something I have to deal with but couldn't just ignore it when she is just 13 years old

It's just the areas of the body can be hidden. If she was a self harmer & didn't care if anybody saw they would be on her arms etc maybe. She may already know but I'd rather just clear my conscience x

Sorry you feel like you've been put in an award situation! Let us know how you get on! X

Thanks. Her mum text me back and thanked me for letting me know. She said it used to be an issue but thought she had stopped. She is very good at hiding it and was very grateful that I let her know. Was an awkward situation and I felt awful but I'm glad I done what I felt was right x

Wouldn't a self harmer be embarrassed and want to hide the scars rather than stand naked in front of a 'stranger' for a tan?

So pleased it's all worked out x

Wouldn't a self harmer be embarrassed and want to hide the scars rather than stand naked in front of a 'stranger' for a tan?
Exactly what I thought!

Latest posts

Back