Client said my lash extensions have ruined her lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzy85

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar encounter to me, I have a client who came and had individual lash extensions with me three weeks ago. I use Hollywood lashes and have been practicing lash extensions for over 2 years now, up until now almost all my clients have been very satisfied. Today I had a client call and say that the extensions have ruined her natural eyelashes completely. I asked her if she had picked at them and pulled them out and she said no. I told her when she first had them done that if she was to pull them out then they would damage her lashes and I told her when she wanted them removed I would do it for her. I always offer my clients free removal as I don't want them to pull their lashes out. Now I'm not sure what to do as I know having the lash extensions long term will weaken the lashes but this was the first time she has ever had them so I cannot understand (unless she has pulled them out) how they have completely ruined her lashes. I have asked her to come into the salon tomorrow and I will take the remaining lashes out for her. Any thoughts and feedback would be fab!

She's pulled them out end of. I get this all the time with gel nails, no one will admit to being wrong, stand your ground I take the no one else has an issue approach, they normally back down and admit after that

I agree no other way this can happen, unless very badly applied with way too much glue(this happened to me) but if youve been working for 2 years with no problems she must have pulled them. I had one once who said they all fell off within an hour when i went to do them again for her she wanted a completely different curl and thickness on, I was panicking about it convinced id done something wrong (no other clients had problems), she was just at her work never accepted a booking from her again.

You know, I think what happens is that you forget what your lashes looked like before. I had mine all taken off before a tint by my (very excellent) lash extension lady. I looked in the mirror, and my lashes were all short. Like, really short. I can never remember them being like that. I said, "what have you done with my lashes?". She just laughed and said, "Layla, that's what they look like without the lash extensions!".

On my course, they recommend you take 'before' and 'after' photos. I happen to think that is a very good idea.

There are several reasons why they could have fallen out so quickly:

- oils on lashes. If the lashes were not cleaned properly prior to application the lashes may not last.

- glue not shaken up properly. Sometimes you need to discard the first drop of glue that comes out of the bottle as it's not mixed properly. Take a good look at your drop of glue to make sure it hasn't got a watery rim. When I start my day I always put the first drop on a bit of tissue.

- using lashes that are far too heavy. This could break the natural lashes or cause them to fall off prematurely.

- something clients done.

When I do a new client I always work it into the conversation that even if I took these off tomorrow they'd feel like they had no lashes left because they've got used to looking at thick long lashes.

Her lashes are probably fine, they just feel short to her.

Good luck x

I did read another thread where a geek couldnt understand why her clients lashes werent lasting and until she discovered that she had been picking them off in her sleep!! Though I would be more inclined to lean towards her just feeling like they are short after having the lashes on, why not recommend a lash conditioner?
Tinax

when i first had a set of lashes i picked them all off after a week :lol: oopsi.. my bad! haha and yes i wrecked my eyelashes but i knew it was my fault! anyhoo, i now have them every 4 weeks and i don't pick them out anymore, i've got into the habit of brushing them in the morning and evening and using my pointy tweezers to remove ones that have fallen out but are stuck in with the rest... if that makes sense... when i first started having them i used to just pull at them with my fingers so the loose ones would come out, big no no, also i used to rub them, all of these made my lashes come out and my natural lashes a little bold x

Latest posts

Back