Client tomorrow and no patch test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, thanks for all responses, still had no reply from her , I just hope she doesn't turn up still at 5pm! I know she wanted them done for the reason of having light brows so as she was wanting them done for an event saturday she probably would like the whole treatment, If she turns up i will explain the situation and my policy,
another question whilst were all here,

does it matter what patch tests you buy to post? i though it had to be the one you would use in the treatment?

Its not worth the risk - what if she reacts!?

i was told to put a bit of each product on a plaster and send out if client couldn't get to me before. Being mobile most of the time i end up dropping through the door or posting. You can soon tell if theyve not done it by the look on their face when you ask to check where they put it! X

i was told to put a bit of each product on a plaster and send out if client couldn't get to me before. Being mobile most of the time i end up dropping through the door or posting. You can soon tell if theyve not done it by the look on their face when you ask to check where they put it! X

will the tint still be 'active? and would they just stick the plaster behind their ear then?

Don't know about other brands but The HD one is like a little kids stick on tattoo and part of normally still shows 48 hours after xxxx

Colourstart is the same. You ask the clients to apply it 24hr prior to their apps, when they come in you check the area to make sure it's clear.

July x

Yes it should be. What if there's an ingredient in the tiny you use that they are allergic to, that wasn't in the test?
Slim chances but who knows

Laura xx

Always patch test, and with the product your going to use otherwise what's the point! It's your reputation on the line. As far as knowing whether someone you sent a postal test to has actually done it or not, the patch test result should be on the consultation form and they have then signed to say they have completed it so you will be covered insurance wise. Did you cover consultations in training? If they sign then they are signing to say they have had patch tests, pregnancy etc if they choose to lie tough.

I state that patch testing MUST be done at least 24 hours before any treatment. DO NOT accept any other salons results as they may use a different brand to you. Also a patch test lasts 6 months so if it's a treatment that is not done this often they will need to be re tested 😃

will the tint still be 'active? and would they just stick the plaster behind their ear then?

they dab a bit of water on to rehydrate and then stick either behind ear, upper arm or thigh. X

Just to add, it's not a great idea to patch test clients behind the ear. If it is that they do have a severe reaction it could quite possibly go on to swell around the area and close their airways. I always patch test by the crease of there arm. If you're doing a topical patch test then you can apply the tint and wipe straight of with a DRY cotton pad. This way the tint will continue to develop but will not transfer onto clothing. Xx

Latest posts

Back