Client welcome packs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why no dove? I stayed clear of Pantene, but from some of the other threads, Dove is mentioned a few times? In the future ill be probably adding proper hair extension shampoo and conditioners etc, but I'm just starting out and haven't got the disposable income. Especially with two little kiddies! :) thanks for your reply though. Just want to give my ladies a little goodie bag, always nice isn't it x

If you want to be seen as a pro then you need to act like a pro. Giving away Dove conditioner is not pro. Not only that but it sends out the message that otc products are good for the hair and when you move on to more exclusive products yoy will find it impossible to retail to clients. Rod for your own.back.
Take my advice, start as you mean to go on

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I think professional products that only a professional can initially purchase looks so much better than supermarket brands.

I know of a lady that uses 'supermarket' brands for beauty and make-up, I think it looks abit mickey mouse. This is just my opinion though.

Why no dove? I stayed clear of Pantene, but from some of the other threads, Dove is mentioned a few times? In the future ill be probably adding proper hair extension shampoo and conditioners etc, but I'm just starting out and haven't got the disposable income. Especially with two little kiddies! :) thanks for your reply though. Just want to give my ladies a little goodie bag, always nice isn't it x

Are you a genuine hair pro? Dove conditioner would make your bonds slip. We're you told by your trainer/tutor that it was ok? I'm intrigued as to why you would do this.

No I wasn't told that. Though I do know I should be pushing the professional product, I thought this would be ok to start off with. I do take your comments on board and will leave them out :) - we were taught never to put conditioner near the rings because they would cause them to slip, it doesn't matter what brand it is! I tell my ladies to condition from mid lengths to ends, so I didn't think it mattered on kinds of conditioner. I will look into specific shampoos many thanks xx

And yes I'm fully trained

And yes I'm fully trained

Fully trained in what?
Extensions or hair?

I'd leave them out and invest in aftercare that your brand recommends

No I wasn't told that. Though I do know I should be pushing the professional product, I thought this would be ok to start off with. I do take your comments on board and will leave them out :) - we were taught never to put conditioner near the rings because they would cause them to slip, it doesn't matter what brand it is! I tell my ladies to condition from mid lengths to ends, so I didn't think it mattered on kinds of conditioner. I will look into specific shampoos many thanks xx

It does matter what kind of conditioner, if they have extensions or not it should be a professional product. OTC shampoos and conditioners contain silicone. Granted it makes the hair shiny, but after 2 or 3 shampoos the silicone has built up and gone dull. The hair is almost in washable, uncolourable, and eventually the bonds will drop due to the weight.
If they use that conditioner from root to tip prior to fitting their will be a later of silicone preventing proper bonding, and again the hair will slip.

I don't give clients welcome packs other than on open days, which contains a business card, samples of pro products, price list, some sweets and a flyer discount voucher. X

Latest posts

Back