Client with ms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukfaye

Reaction score
I have a new client who has been booked in by her daughter as a mothers day gift, she has booked a treatment a month for 5 months. (lucky mum) I was just wandering as I don't know much about ms, are there any treatments she shouldn't have? Her daughter says she's had treatments before, but I thought I would ask incase someone has experience with a client with ms. Thanks. :)

A lot depends on how advanced her MS is. MS sufferers can have well periods and bad periods. I would suggest possibly reflexology as a good treatment for her as it may help with some of her symptoms. Massage may also be ok for her but depends whether she is in any pain.

If she is having any waxing, you may want to bear in mind that her pain tolerance may not be very high.

I would gauge how well this lady is on each visit, maybe even give her a call a couple of days before to see how she is and to chat about possible treatments beforeheand.

I have a client with MS & I do most treatments on her. She is fine throughout her treatments but her husband does help get her on & off the couch. As long as you do a consultaion I don't see any probs xx

I have a new client who has been booked in by her daughter as a mothers day gift, she has booked a treatment a month for 5 months. (lucky mum) I was just wandering as I don't know much about ms, are there any treatments she shouldn't have? Her daughter says she's had treatments before, but I thought I would ask incase someone has experience with a client with ms. Thanks. :)
Which treatments is she considering having...my dear old mum had MS...not nice...and this could mean such a lot to this lady...to be pampered and somehow just treated as normal :hug:

Hi, I have a client with MS and do most treatments on her.
Waxing is her priority as the steroids she takes encourages rapid hair growth. As already mentioned pain tolerance can be different, my client hates facial waxing but feels virtually nothing on her legs. She also loves her facials, particularly the facial massage but as she is not able to get out alot, I think what she enjoys most is that for a few hours she is pampered and has company and a good chat.
As has been said, you may need assistant getting her on/off couch, although my treatments have to be carried out on my client's bed.
You have to be flexible with your treatments, i.e. it may be difficult to wax the legs due to restricted movement, facial a little tricky on a bed instead of a couch but as I said my client loves my visits and I really enjoy going to see her.
hth
Heather xx

Thanks everyone, I am pleased that it is ok for me to do most treatments, as you have said, just to be treated normally and have a pamper would be lovely, she has asked for a lash tint and brow shape, massage, facial, pedi, and parafin wax mani. So mostly quite gentle treatments, I think she is quite advanced as she is in her bed or a chair that reclines, so think i shall just be doing her treatments in that.
Im looking forward to meeting her and giving her a pamper, so thanks for your reasurance:hug::hug:

Which treatments is she considering having...my dear old mum had MS...not nice...and this could mean such a lot to this lady...to be pampered and somehow just treated as normal :hug:

Totally echo this Collin. Try to treat her as a normal individual (thats exactly what she is). Will be wonderful for her. X

It can also depend on how far advanced the MS is. It can range from virtually nothing to no control over the body at all.

Don't worry too much, just go through your consultation and treatments as normal. She may have some difficulty with movement and perhaps have a slightly lower pain threshold, but she will be able to tell you what she can and cannot do. Like any other client she will tell you what she does and doesn't like.

My aunt is quite severe now and has carers as well as my uncle looking after her. One morning he was brushing her teeth and she was trying to talk to him. He told her to be quiet until he was finished but she kept mumbling so he stopped and said what is it that can't wait a minute. She said thats not toothpaste, its savlon! Lol, bless her

Something to be aware of with MS clients is room and table temperature. For some MS suffers being too hot can be very uncomfortable, so if you use a heated table make sure you check this out first.

Mat

My partners mum has MS and she uses a wheelchair and spends most of her day sat in a chair. She absolutley loves it when I come round to do her treatments, she has leg wax, pedicure and manicure, it's a real treat to get pampered and have something nice to look forward to. Her mobility is quite poor and needs help to lift her feet in and out of the foot spa, but as long as you allow enough time everything should go smoothly.
Like somebody said before, be careful with temperatures and be aware that sometimes people with MS can have cramps and not be able to fully control what for want of a better word is like a bit of a twitch.
I hope this helps :hug: xo

Latest posts

Back