Clients cancelling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
So I have been up and running in my home salon for about 2-3 months and I offer appointments Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday between 9am and 8pm and Saturday 9-9. My prices are about average for my area, not too cheap and not too much. I'm not bigheaded in the slightest but I know my work is good. I have only had one client and that was a competition winner!! I have had 2-3 people book in every week but every single one of them has cancelled!! I've sent out a confirmation text the afternoon before their appointment and stated on it if they no longer require there app to let me know and they've either text back see you tomorrow or not replied. Every single one of them has cancelled the morning of there appointment and half of them haven't given a reason. Its really starting to bug me!! I've spent so much money and time trying to do this as a career and I just can't see it happening! Feel like giving up already!! :( xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe you could start taking a small deposit beforr appointments ? It's so annoying when people cancel last minute !! X

If they qlwats cancel last minute yoh could ask them for a deposit and if they cancel with less than 24 hours they don't get it back but let them know they can rearrange. Or you could charge them if they cancel repeatedly last minute x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are they likely to be other therapists trying to cause trouble?

If they do it once then I'd ask for a deposit to hold the appointment, that usually sorts them out.

Karaxxx

How do these people book in with you? Do you speak to them on the phone? I always make sure I speak to a new client, not just text. I go through a mini consultation over the phone and chat about my services hoping to upgrade. You can tell a lot from people by speaking to them. If they are going to mess you about you can usually tell. After the first appointment I'm happy to receive bookings via text.

They've all been through facebook, I did think about taking a deposit but thought it would put people off as nobody does that in my area. I was thinking if someone cancels once then I'll take a deposit on there 2nd appointment but no-ones been in touch since! Xx

They've all been through facebook, I did think about taking a deposit but thought it would put people off as nobody does that in my area. I was thinking if someone cancels once then I'll take a deposit on there 2nd appointment but no-ones been in touch since! Xx

I don't think facebook bookings are reliable unless you already know the client. That's where you're going wrong. I'd make it clear that they need to call you for their first booking.

You could keep a note of all the client who cancel on you last minute so that if they do choose to make another appointment you know to make a deposit request x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It sounds like its other techs in your area or their friends etc just trying to mess you about. I do the same as Mobile Manicure, most of the time new clients don't have a clue what they're asking for so speaking to them usually results in a different service from what they think they want. Personally I'd insist they speak to you on the phone first, hopefully you'll get some vibe from them, you can state your cancellation policy and make them aware if they want to rebook it'll be with a deposit.

It seems quite common when a new tech starts up in an area they get a load of spurious calls from "new" clients that turn out to be others just messing them around hoping to disrupt them and make them loose heart.

Karaxxx

It sounds like its other techs in your area or their friends etc just trying to mess you about. I do the same as Mobile Manicure, most of the time new clients don't have a clue what they're asking for so speaking to them usually results in a different service from what they think they want. Personally I'd insist they speak to you on the phone first, hopefully you'll get some vibe from them, you can state your cancellation policy and make them aware if they want to rebook it'll be with a deposit.

It seems quite common when a new tech starts up in an area they get a load of spurious calls from "new" clients that turn out to be others just messing them around hoping to disrupt them and make them loose heart.

Karaxxx

That's what my partner said it could be the competition trying to wind me up. There's a space going to rent in the town centre and its only £50 a week. I'm so tempted to go for it but now all this has happened I don't see the point! Does it seem silly to rent somewhere if I don't have any clients? Should I wait?

If first time clients are booking via Facebook, I always ask for their phone number & let them know I will be giving them a quick call to run through treatment information & appointment confirmation. I was having the same problem but found this to help with cancellations. I also attach my phone number & let them know I'm on viber, what's app etc so they've no excuse not to contact me aswell
Hope this helps you, chin up and don't give up, you'll get there

Latest posts

Back