Clients extensions fallen off, need advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNails07

Reaction score
Hey, I've recently qualified and have been seeing clients on a mobile basis. On Friday evening I did a full set of gel extensions for my son's friends girlfriend for a wedding she was going to the following day. All went well but today she msg'd me saying that 6 have fallen off this morning and she hasn't done anything difficult for them to have fallen off. I said I'd fix them for her - an hour later she msg'd to say she only has one thumb nail left and can she have a different colour. I said she'll need a whole new set, and she replied saying it strange coz her nails usually last ages..... I think she's expecting them done free of charge - is that fair enough? I'm just starting out and don't want any drama but it's not just the odd nail its a full set so not sure if I should charge her anything or just suck it up? Really appreciate any advice..
Thank you

You'll replace like for like if you're not sure of the standard of your work. That includes the same colour. If she wants a different colour, then you'll have to charge.

I should say 5 years down the line, I'm confident of my work so will always charge. In the beginning I wasn't so sure.

Latest posts

Back