Clients finger itchy after acrylic extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolliDolli

Reaction score
I used to do this clients nails at a
Salon I worked at, then I left. She's found me again (as I'm mobile now) and I've been doing her acrylic extensions.

She has some really dry skinks her fingers, slightly pink, but it's never really bothered her before.

I use the same products as always except for an IPA spray. Her fingers have really itched the last two weeks, so we didn't use it this time. She says they're not as bad as before but still itchy.

Could it be related to the heat? I use CND acrylic and Gelish over the top.
I'm at a loss!

She's a really important client to me and I need to get to the bottom of this!

Any help appreciated :)

Laura xx

if her fingers are dry and pink could it be a little bit of dermatitis that's reacted with a product? even the dust from filing maybe???

if her fingers are dry and pink could it be a little bit of dermatitis that's reacted with a product? even the dust from filing maybe???

Yeah I thought something like this. But today she washes her hands after I filed on her extensions, after I applied gelish, and then at the end. I put cuticle oil on, then she put some hand cream on.

Just not sure what to suggest to her?

Laura xx

Any other ideas? Xx

Laura xx

Is it over exposure to the products? I would say visit her GP. It could be contact dermatitis x

Latest posts

Back