Clients Friend requesting me on my personal Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballyboo

Reaction score
Title says it all really!

I have 9 pending friend requests from clients that I haven't accepted, I feel a bit of a meanie but I don't really want my clients (new clients) to know what I put on my Facebook.
I did one lady today and she outright asked why I hadn't accepted her and she looked a bit offended!! I just said that I don't really go on my personal Facebook a lot and hadn't realised she had sent me a request, I'm a bloody chicken!!
I'm normally very assertive but this had just made me feel a tad strange, do you all accept your clients as personal friends on fb?

I occasionally have a moan/rant and don't really want my ladies seeing all that lol and my friends have a habit of uploading embarrassing pics from drunken nights out or my hen night (cringe) and it's not the kind of thing I want my paying clients to see really.

Thoughts appreciated, Thanks
Rachel xxx

It's a big no no for me, the only "friends in common" my work ad personal fb have is my friends and family which were on my personal before the work page was opened.
I just tell people my Facebook is to keep in contact with my family but if they need to contact me on fb to use my work profile xoxo

I don't think I would mind. I have my hairdresser on mines, I've been with him for 6 years though.

None of my clients have added me but I wouldn't bother about accepting them. I don't moan about work or really anything on there so i havent anything to hide. I also think it would be good if you ever moved on anywhere if you were salon based. You could tell them easily. X

I only use my personal facebook for close friends and relatives.

I would tell her this and say you don't use it often but that you'll write down your business facebook webpage for her and that she'll be able to contact you on there and get a quick response and isn't it great because she'll be able to get all the updates and see the uploaded pics...blah, blah, blah...and hopefully she'll be satisfied with how wonderful that sounds.

Agreed that i don't want clients seeing everything i get up to, even if i do really enjoy their company. I wouldn't like them to see me in a non-professional light xx

I keep my personal FB personal and clients cab stay in touch through my facebook business page.

I don't mix tbh, they say business and pleasure don't mix so I'm extremely cautious. My settings are hard to get through for anyone that doesn't know me personally

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Thanks for your replies, If any of them ask again I will just say that I only use my personal profile for keeping in touch with family etc, it's difficult though isn't it! lol xxx

Somewhere in settings is privacy, set it to ppl can only find u via ur email address, then clients can't find u at all x

Latest posts

Back