Client's friends paying for treatments when out of area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I have had a couple of requests when someone wants to treat a friend and pay for the service, but they live out of the local area so cannot simply pop in to pay for their friend's treatment.

I suggested online payment to my bank with the condition that payment is made 24 hours before the appointment, so that I'm not left unpaid.
This now feels a bit like a runaround as I now have to book the lady in (she has left a voice mail so hopefully I will arrange the appointment tomorrow) then I need to contact the friend and inform her to make the transfer, all within a tight time frame if the client wants a short notice appointment.

There has to be an easier way for gaining payment from these situations surely.

I did this for my best friend...I'm away on a gap year and wanted to treat her.

I organised the appoint - made sure she was free all afternoon one afternoon so she could fit in with any slot at the salon, the salon pencilled it in and the appointment was only definite and confirmed once they had received payment from me. Was a bit of a run around - all organised within 24 hours and taking into account the huge time difference! But all worked perfectly in the end.

I would give her an appointment time and pencil it in and only consider it confirmed when you have received payment. If you haven't had payment, and the friend turns up, I would take payment off her and ask the friend to give her the money instead?

Hope this helps a little - but no, I haven't found an easier way!

Lottie

Can you not sell them a gift voucher? If you put a code on them, they can buy them in advance so when the friend books in they are already paid.

Could of took a debit card payment over the phone from the person treating the client.

I do gift vouchers and send them by post when the money reaches my account, I think that's the easiest way. Hth :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

We also go down the gift voucher route. Our card machine won't accept payments unless the person is present, so they send a cheque and then we send the voucher out. Xx

I sell a gift voucher and take payment over the phone and send it in the post or hand deliver if it's local free of charge as a goodwill gesture and hopefully next time they want to treat a friend it realities they will come back to me :)

Jemima :)

Can you not sell them a gift voucher? If you put a code on them, they can buy them in advance so when the friend books in they are already paid.

Me too, Ive had bank transfers or cheques once it has cleared I post the gift voucher to the friend. Xx

Thank you everyone for your input. On reflection it would have been less hassle for the friend to purchase a voucher and pay immediately. I have actually found myself in the situation that they want an appointment asap so I need to be paid straight away and need to sort this today. Lesson learned for next time.

Hiya,
I use World Pay Zinc. I have a machine for card payments, but if someone rings up and asks for an appointment you can also send them an invoice online to their email. They get sent a secure link to take the card payment online so they don't have to pay in person. I pay 2.75% commission to the company.

best wishes
Cindy

Thank you everyone for your input. On reflection it would have been less hassle for the friend to purchase a voucher and pay immediately. I have actually found myself in the situation that they want an appointment asap so I need to be paid straight away and need to sort this today. Lesson learned for next time.

Just to add to my conclusion...The person will be purchasing a gift voucher now as the appointment isn't so urgent.

Latest posts

Back