Clients Nails off after 1 week!! Arrrhhhh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ank

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a set of nails a week last Friday and i thought i would send my client an e-mail asking how she was getting on with her nails, this is what she replied

I did have some cuticle oil and followed your instructions to the letter.
However I have no nails left.

They started to chip from the top and to bottom on the saturday after you had done them, a friend of mine looked at them on Thursday and said hers usually looked like mine did after 3 weeks, when they were due to be refilled. By Friday I had two left, and the last two have fallen off this afternoon.

Im obviously not suited to them, but thank you for taking the time to do them on such a busy day for yourself.

I feel so bad, this has only ever happened once to me before. The only thing i can think of that might have caused this is because my room was quite cold, would this affect the application of Liquid and powder?? would really appreciate your comments x x

Thanks x
`

you know its just one ov thoose things dont beat yourself up and have you seen her nails she might ov picked them and then pulled them off . Even if you get some lift at the back normally it would not happen to all :)

I had a similar thing this week. A client called 9 days after having nails done to let me know that 3 had "come off" opening a cat food pouch! Her 2 friends nails were fine (done the same week). There is a great tutorial by geek regarding confidence, you should have a look. It helped me loads because it is hard not to let things like this get you down.

However, if you really feel you could be at fault, but it seems unlikely as this is not a regular occurance, I would offer to do them again just to confirm that it is not your problem. If she is adamant that she does not want to try them again, you may find that she has picked them off herself in the first place and knows she would do the same with a new set. As she did not approach you to complain then this may well be the case?

Sharon said: "As she did not approach you to complain then this may well be the case?"

That's what I was thinking too. If only a week after my nails were on they were falling off? I'd be asking for a free repair or something.

Cat

I have offered to do a new set free of charge just so that i dont get a bad name for myself even if it wasnt my fault, i always check up on Clients nails after a week to see how they are getting on.

Do you think that because my room was cold that this might have affected the application??? x x

I have never personally known the temp of the room to have any effect on my acrylic application. If this was the case you would have remembered the acrylic setting differently or even the finished nail looking odd, i.e. crytallization (spelling?). If the nails looked fine when the client left and it sounds like you are a perfectionist then I really do think you are being a little hard on yourself. Try not to dwell on this one client, you have offered her a new set so your good name will stay intact.

I do know how you feel though, I have been doing nails 7 years and on the rare occasion this happens I do tend to worry like mad! Not as much as I did in the early days though because you learn through experience that "some" clients are not always truthful with you!

Keep your chin up, it's nearly Xmas!:hug:

I have never personally known the temp of the room to have any effect on my acrylic application. If this was the case you would have remembered the acrylic setting differently or even the finished nail looking odd, i.e. crytallization (spelling?). If the nails looked fine when the client left and it sounds like you are a perfectionist then I really do think you are being a little hard on yourself. Try not to dwell on this one client, you have offered her a new set so your good name will stay intact.

I do know how you feel though, I have been doing nails 7 years and on the rare occasion this happens I do tend to worry like mad! Not as much as I did in the early days though because you learn through experience that "some" clients are not always truthful with you!

Keep your chin up, it's nearly Xmas!:hug:

Thank you so much for your posts your all so kind x i wont let this one client get to me, ill just wait and see what she says about coming back to have a new set x

Merry xmas x x

Temperature can affect l&p. Some products will crystalize some will just set slower depending the quality of the product. Just the same if it's too hot the l&p will set too fast.

Sorry, just had a thought. I use CND products so if my client was to use cuticle oil that wasn't solar oil what would this do?? Does anyone know?? Im not trying to put the blame on the client for the problems just trying to solve it. x
:cry:

no it wouldnt make a difference

Clients love to compare how well their friends nails are doing compared to theirs. You cannot compare! Everyone is different - nail growth rate, their lifestyle, the way they use their hands, what they put their hands in :)eek:)etc etc. The way I explain this is that not everyone has their hair cut and coloured at the same rate - some wash their hair more often so the colour doesn't last so well, some have a very fast growth rate, and so on.

If you don't usually have this problem then it is most likely down to the client. Make sure you always give your client clear after care instructions ... and I was always say to mine if you aren't sure of anything or have any problems at all then call me ... some people just don't like to complain (and some just love to!).

I am sure she appreciated the contact though, and I am sure if she thought it was your fault she'd have said so!

Onwards and upwards :hug:

Latest posts

Back