Clients who tip you for your service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queendiva

Reaction score
Tipping how does everyone feel about it??

And what has been your biggest/smallest tip ?

And whats strangest item a client has given you or bought into the salon for you.

I used to have a lovelly old man who i cut his hair for years he was so sweet he published and wrote childrens novels and would always bring me his latest book editions.

And not forgetting a few old ladys that would tip 10p. 20pbat christmas.

Would be great to hear anyone elses storeys on tipping or gifts big or small Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

my biggest tip has been £30 at christmas, my smallest - a "shilling" :eek:
No I havent been hairdressing since the 60's, a lovely but dotty old lady gave it to me saying "here's a shilling to buy some sweets"
god bless her
One client once bought me in a god awful santa outfit as I was talking about dressing up for christmas at work. I was mortified to wear it, but I did because she was in on christmas eve. Ah the lengths I go to to please.....
xx

Nothing more than £5 so far haha suppose that's not bad for a trainee and my regular old lady remembered my birthday from a conversation and made the effort to buy me a bracelet ah so lovely she is xx

Hilarious.... Some clients are real sweet.

There xmas cards are funny also the design of some of them would give 1of Dot Cottons skirts a run for its money.

30.00 is a great tip. My highest is 20.00

A bracelet how lovelly.

My highest was £100 and a bottle of champagne at Christmas I loved this client unfortunately she stopped coming to the salon when she found it to hard to work her appointments around her work schedule but that was a good Christmas! Worse tip 20p to go get an ice cream I don't even think u can get an ice cream with 20p anymore. My favourite tips are gifts though I love it when a client has thought about what to bring u!xx

A lovely lady gave me a gold ring!!id said to her the time before how lovely it was and the next appointment she bought it in all shiny in a box!! I nearly fell through the floor,and I was quite taken back by it,

And a gent who I did every 3weeks gave me £40 at Xmas,not sure if he thought it was just £20,but I didn't look till he'd gone,
Worst tip was some gone bad homemade pickled onions!!rank!

Do love my job,and having caring clients makes it even better,I have a last who also gives my children birthday presents every year.😀

Best tip was £40, while a weekender at 14. The 3 of us who worked there got the same each. The worst... 10p, or you could say a sausage roll (a sweet old lady got me one even though it came up in conversation the only meat I eat is chicken).
Xoxo

Best tip I had was £20 :)

Worst "tip" was when a new client couldn't afford to pay me and I stupidly let her off £1.50 (which she didn't even offer up at the next appointment even though I gave her £6 change)!!

xxx

My best tip was £10 from a client who doesn't tip throughout the year, but just at Xmas :) I do have a few others that tip that much every now and then.

And I have 2 ladies for a blow-dry every week, one gives £2-3 each time. The other £1.

The worst was 10p, and she says "Every little helps doesn't it".
I would be embarrassed to give someone 10p :o I know they don't have to, but, 10p?? I'd rather nothing, thanks :irked:

My best tip was £15 and I was chuffed!!

However my worst tip was minus!! the bill came to £65 and she gave me £60 and said keep the change, I didnt realise untill I left the house, but the time before that she had given me an extra £10 pounds, so i thought it kind of evened its self out!!!

Aww, aren't clients lovely. It's such a nice feeling when they've made an effort to give you something special, it makes me feel really appreciated.

Best money tip, £15, worst tip, whatever was left in the bottom of someones purse, so coppers and some 5p's, haha...it all went into my penny jar.

Worst non-money tip, used earrings...of course i said how thankful i was an how lovely they were, but they were not going in my ears.

Best non-money tip, at christmas and occassionally birthdays the clients bring actual presents, which is lovely. I've had flowers, body lotions and waterstones vouchers.

Funniest one was when one of the girls told an elderly client that my boyfriend had brought me a ring for my birthday...she thought it was an engagement ring. Next week she handed me a congratulations card and a present of a crystal vase. I told her the truth and she blamed the other girl, haha. She told me to keep it but warned that when i do get engaged, not to expect anything. Boyfriend nearly died when i told him to see what my client had brought us haha. Bless her! xx

My clients are so lovely, when I got engaged I got cards with money mainly, £20 was the most in one card! I also get a lot of wine at Christmas (they know me well!)
Worst one was 5p off a lady who just told me she had invested a lot of money and that's why she was treating herself!

I don't expect tips off people at all but it is so lovely when people really appreciate what you have done! X

Hehe,

Ive got to admit I thought this was a random thread to start but its ceratinly made me chuckle.

I havent had any awful tips yet but then I have only been in business 7 months. Ive had a £20 tip and also been given a handbga and a some cupcakes :)

Last edited:
When i worked in a salon i was doing a manicure, me and my college were working on a mum and daughter (about 40 and 65 years old) and she was talking about the book 'The Secret' the daughter then left to 'pay the carpark' and came back to collect her mum with two gorgeous gift bags for me and the other therapist containing the book 'The Secret'
All together cost her £45 (everything still had prices on) SO CUTE!! x

My best tip was £50 from an 18 year old lad at Xmas - he had just got his first pay packet from his first proper job, and I had been cutting his hair since he was 12. I told him I couldn't accept it but he refused, I think it made him feel grown up lol his mum was in later that day and my junior told his mum how much he tipped me whilst she was shampooing her hair and she rang him and give him a right telling off lol ooops! That was awkward!

I've gotten £5 tips off some clients, bottles of wine & chocolates
I have 2 clients I go to (mum & daughter) its always a full day at theirs doing various treatments & when I arrive there is always a coffee waiting & they make me have a lunch break & the dad cooks the most delicious pasta!!

When i worked in a salon i was doing a manicure, me and my college were working on a mum and daughter (about 40 and 65 years old) and she was talking about the book 'The Secret' the daughter then left to 'pay the carpark' and came back to collect her mum with two gorgeous gift bags for me and the other therapist containing the book 'The Secret'
All together cost her £45 (everything still had prices on) SO CUTE!! x

The secret is awesome x

Best tip was £20 but I get a few of them at Christmas from clients who don't tip throughout the year. Worst tip, a huge pair of fake boobs :irked: but they were off a friend whose hair I cut and she's always going on about how flat chested I am :cry: lol

Latest posts

Back