Clients who want something for nothing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisitebeauty

Reaction score
{bit of a rant} why do clients not understand the price of things i get so annoyed at people saying "well can you do it for this" or why have you priced it at that. I smile and say well their are things such as overheads but they still don't get it wish they could see it from out point of view anyone else have this ??? how do you cope?

Makes me mad, too! The price is the price. End of. Why do they feel the need to question it?! Personally if a client asked me if I could do a treatment for a certain price I'd tell them where to go! Honestly! You're running a business not a charity. How rude!

I just respond in a light hearted manner with, well there's my years of college and continuous studying, rent, water, electric, product costs among other things and of course I would like to earn some money too so really you're getting a bargain. I should put my prices up and smile.

Sometimes I will also let them know that I use only the best products so that they get better, longer lasting results. Much better than cheap and cheerful nails that chip in a few days, don't you agree?

Laugh it off even though it's annoying. A lot of people who chance their luck book in at full price anyway and just say it was worth an ask x

thanks ladies i know i say similar but still Feel it go unheard

I actually find mates the worst at this, some think it should be almost free.

Ask them what they get paid as an hourly rate, to include holiday & bonuses......:p
Guess what....most of the time, your 'rate' will be less...Time to put your prices up!:D

Family & friends are the worst I agree with chrisjames - I could strangle some of my family members at times, one of my sisters is a hair stylist so you'd think she would know costings but sadly thinks I can do treatments for free for her whilst she charges me & my family city centre prices...[emoji35] grrr I feel your frustration lol

I never do mates rates and if anyone asked why I charge what I charge I would be quite offended. I'm sure they don't ask Jamie Oliver why a pork chop is so expensive x

lol all theses new comments made me chuckle i don't mind doing my mums hair and beauty treatments as she has helped in me getting me my qualifications fees etc but she usually buys the products just gets free service never ever do mates for nothing cos when you fall at an onstacle in life i found they drop you like a hot cake. but thanks i know ive said ok well what do you get paid to some clients but then they think your being rude and your not your just proving a point that your giving a service and deserve to be paid fairly

It's usually only ever new people trying it on and I hate that, they're not the sort of clients I want, always after the cheapest deal. So if they start wrangling I often can't fit them in. Shame.

Latest posts

Back