Clinique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats interesting is that i went passed my local house of fraser today who has a clinique department...there is a big sign up saying 'great skin. guaranteed or your money back'.....

i wonder if they have maybe changed something in their products in order to be putting this sort of sign/promise up..because after using it myself & not getting along with it, and lots of people on here not getting along with it either i wonder if they have had lots of complaints:?:

Whats interesting is that i went passed my local house of fraser today who has a clinique department...there is a big sign up saying 'great skin. guaranteed or your money back'.....

i wonder if they have maybe changed something in their products in order to be putting this sort of sign/promise up..because after using it myself & not getting along with it, and lots of people on here not getting along with it either i wonder if they have had lots of complaints:?:

I should take mine back then, point to my skin and hold my hand out. :rolleyes:
bet there'd be some reason why I couldnt get my money back.

Hi everyone,
I am prob just pokin my nose in here (sorry) but I thought it may help a little. I worked on one of the counters for a few years & initially I was totally against the whole cash & wrap issue a lot of the consultants seemed to have i.e not doing propper consultations with clients and basically recommending anything, so I do think this has an awful lot to do with the stigma Clinique has got due to poor customer service.
Going on my training with the company was a real eye opener - they have a massive dermatologist clinic in New York which deals with many serious skin conditions (psoriasis, acne etc).
I have now been left the company three years and still use my products, not everyday but if I want the brightness to come back its the first thing I go to.
If anyone does buy anything from Clinique if it is unsuitable please take it back, they generally have a brilliant returns policy (sometimes depending on the store?:cry:). But if you had any probs there just contact Estee Lauder & they used to just send a cheque, they even send you a freepost env:lol:.
I hope this has been useful
Niki xx

Oh my :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Ive kinda been using Clinique since the end of March but Ive felt its not really doing what I was told it would do.

When I started using it it really dried my skin a lot but I do have very oily skin (and apparently sensitive though I feel from what Ive read so has every other Clinique user) so it wasnt a huge huge issue to me at that point BUT my skin seems oilier than ever now, which I guess if Im stripping it of everything its gonna go into overdrive and I do seem to be getting pinker and my occasional break outs arn't so occasional anymore.

Thing is Ive forked out a lot for this so I was really hoping it wasnt the stuff I was using but I think it is. :cry:

I would like to go and have a facial done and get something that would really work, Im just not made of money :rolleyes:

I think Im not going to buy anymore Clinique now.

All I want is a range that will help my skin a bit, I dont eat or drink rubbish and I cleanse morning and night so to have oily skin that has break outs at my age is a bit, well mortifying tbh. Just all the advice out there seems so confusing, use this don't use that do this dont do that.. lol my brain is spinning. :irked:

Thank you for your replies Im gonna look into other ranges, if anyone has a recommendation then please share with little noobish me?? :green:

Dermalogica all the way hun. Buy a little travel pack and i put my life on it...if you buy the correct one for your skin...you will be hooked!!
Most salons that use Dermalogica will usually have a skin bar. They will face map your skin for free and tell you about the products you need xxx

useful stuff from nikinoodle

You make some very interesting points in your post, Niki, thank you for that. Having read it I do wonder whether Clinique HQ need to be doing some random but regular mystery shopper checks on their consultants, if they aren't already. It must be tempting for counter staff to just sell, sell, sell, under pressure from cash hungry beancounters, without thinking of the (possible) long term damage to the brand, because there will always be a new generation of spotty teenagers coming along to replace the disillusioned existing customers.
I offer a 100% money back guarantee on all my products. I couldn't do this unless I was absolutely confident in my products, and absolutely confident in my skills to analyse and assess my client's skin condition. Whatever my monthly takings are at that point I will not (and cannot, in all conscience) oversell to my client. I treat what I see and know to be true.

I guess the difference between Clinique and Calla Salon is that I want to build a long term relationship with my clients.

I've only ever used Clinique once, when I was in my early 20s (i'm late 30's now), and the products literally burned my face..... use ESPA, Decleor and Dermalogica now :) As a customer, I wouldn't go to a salon that didn't use a professional brand, I'd be highly dubious.

Latest posts

Back