Clip in hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulnails1

Reaction score
Hi all
Im a nail geek so random questions here.
Im looking at getting clip in extensions, can you tell me do they have to come out every day or can they stay in. I am looking at human hair so i can curl etc.
I have had bonded extensions which made it obvious when you do halfup hair do but fine if all up. But can i do half up do with clipins.
Many thanks for your help.xxx

Just want to say thanks for the feedback.

I'm not a hair geek so bare with me... As far as I'm aware you do have to take out clip ins, my clip ins have a warning on the packet saying not to sleep in them. I couldn't personally do a half up style without it being obvious but then hair isn't really my strong point... I hope someone who is in the know can answer your questions better

HTH xoxox

Hi ya. I too take mine out at night,otherwise they would end up matted the way I disco dance in my sleep. With regards to hair up. I know a stylist and she has managed a hair up no problem for a bride. She's really experienced though and it's different when you can see the back of the head. So I'm thinking it's quite tricky.

Hope this helps a little.

Hi,

Yes, everyone is right, you need to take clip ins out to sleep. on the half up styling, as long as the section of hair is thick enough to cover the clip ins you just need to ensure the clips sit within that 'up' hair so they can't be seen. other's in the post are right, i've seen bridal hair being used for thoes half up styles using clip ins - but they didn't use the clip ins the convential way in horizontal lines across the head - if you get me?? what you could do is use smaller pieces of clip ins so they are more managable and can't be detective as much.

hi guys, im new to salon geek but not new to hair extensions. Clip in hair extensions are great but i wouldnt recommend you sleep in them.
There are alot out there for sale and the quallity can be a little hit and miss. I am a mobile extensionist and the company i get my pre bonded from also do clip ins which ive ordered for clients and had great feedback.
the company is Halo Hair Extensions, ive been with them about 6 monthsand ive found the quality to be consistantly good and the prices not at all bad either.
hope you find some! xx

hi guys, im new to salon geek but not new to hair extensions. Clip in hair extensions are great but i wouldnt recommend you sleep in them.
There are alot out there for sale and the quallity can be a little hit and miss. I am a mobile extensionist and the company i get my pre bonded from also do clip ins which ive ordered for clients and had great feedback.
the company is Halo Hair Extensions, ive been with them about 6 monthsand ive found the quality to be consistantly good and the prices not at all bad either.
hope you find some! xx

Hi, I've been using Halo as well and they seem to be the best out there for quality and at the right price.

I wore clip in's every day after having my bonded extentions taken out. I found it quite hard to master putting them in at first, but after a few attempts it got quite easy (and only took me about 5 minutes in the morning). I also had mine blended in at the haridressers to, to make them look more natural.

I wear mine half up & down all the time, I just make sure the clips are always covered & Ive never had a problem.

I had my first set from Foxylocks which only lasted me a couple of months, and found their quality quite cheap for the price I paid for them. And then I got two sets (different colours) from HeadKandy & Ive never had a problem with them, their quality is really good (you do have to look after them like your real hair), they are quite price but they are definately worth every penny after buying cheap ones originally.

HTH's

Latest posts

Back