Closed on Monday's ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAX inc

Reaction score
Hi, after a very hectic summer my tanning/ beauty salon is now in our quieter winter season. I'm short staffed and am exhausted so for the first time in 10 years im thinking about closing the whole salon on Monday's otherwise im doing 6 days a week . Beauty is already not available on Monday's so it's only sunbeds open but I don't want customers to think we have a financial prob as far from it. 2 other salons on the same street as me close Monday's. Do any of u guys close on Monday's ? How does it go down with your regular customers ?

Hi, after a very hectic summer my tanning/ beauty salon is now in our quieter winter season. I'm short staffed and am exhausted so for the first time in 10 years im thinking about closing the whole salon on Monday's otherwise im doing 6 days a week . Beauty is already not available on Monday's so it's only sunbeds open but I don't want customers to think we have a financial prob as far from it. 2 other salons on the same street as me close Monday's. Do any of u guys close on Monday's ? How does it go down with your regular customers ?

We are closed Sundays and Mondays, we have done from the start though so nothing is ever said. Are you busy enough to keep it open on a Monday? A 6 day week is mad, you will run yourself into the ground! :hug:xxx

Before my colleague had her baby we used to open the page on a Monday for the hours she could do and if no one booked in she didn't come in and if they did she obviously did.

Monday is a really funny day, most times its quietish but now and again its full - but this is less often.

Now that she is only working 2 days a week we close on Mondays.

Jacqui xx

I am closed mondays and sundays as well, pretty much the norm in and around my area x

It is quite normal to close sunday and monday but if other salons in your street do it you could think about closing on a tuesday for example so you are not losing out on their business, if you get it now that is!

I'm closed Sundays and Mondays...

I don't think anyone will think you're in financial difficulties over it.

Im closed sunday and monday except for large booking or for special arrangements bt i have always been shut sun and mon frm the start!!

I would open on Mondays and close on Tuesdays! That way you can take advantage of everyone else being closed. There is a hairdressers in our town that does that and they are always busy (which is good-considering there are over 25 hairdressers in a small town!!)

Our salon & spa is open on Sunday but closed on Monday. We're slammed on Sunday!

I work mondays and usually my clients are hairdressers!

I'm closed Sundays and Mondays........
I have no problems from it.
People ask, and I say no.
End of.:hug:

Where I use to work we closed on Tuesday....my boss thought if we opened Mondays we'd collect the clients that the other salons missed due to being closed!

And Monday was one of our busiest days... But I think it depends what kind of clients you have? Our clients were very well off and would never wash there own hair therefore if they came in thurs or fri then they'd gone 3-4 days without washing hair so they would book for a wash and blow-dry on a Monday to start the week...also most of our clients didn't work!

Look at your clientele and what kind of custom you get on a Monday, think about individual clients and if they could come on another day?!

Good luck xx

Thanks guys, we compromised to opening half day on a Monday so open 1-6.30pm and it's worked well.

Latest posts

Back