CND Additives with Shellac-recommendations please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123stephy_b

Reaction score
So I will be placing a big order from S2 on Monday and I'd like to get some additives for my shellac.

Can anyone advise which ones go best with a certain colours?

I love using glitter with my shellac but I love the look of the additives, it just gives it that something special x

Thanks in advance :)

I use lots of the violet pearl additive, especially over the purple Shellac colours. I will try and some pics x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

1376691962704.jpg

Rock Royalty and violet pearl additive fade.

Attachments

• 1376692261260.jpg
    1376692261260.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 891
I love them thanks so much think I might have to get that one! Have you used the Green gold sparkle with hotski?? Or if anyone else can reccomeded and send pictures that will be great. I'd like to place a big order with S2 as I have to pay £18 delivery to the channel islands every time so keep em coming people! Thanks xx

Hiya, I have recently started to use additives and I like the yellow and red pigments.
Yellow pigment with Tropix turns a fab bright orange and red helps to brighten lobster roll and you can do some lovely fades (pink bikini and red pigment).
I also have antique bronze which looks really luxurious over the darker colors such as decadance & fedora and I am hoping to try it over the new dark dahlia soon.
I have just invested in the forbidden collection and the electric blue looks amazing with waterpark.

hth x

Have you got any pictures to attach? I've love to see them xxxx

Hiya,
I have only got this one which is tropix with yellow pigment to make bright orange (colour isn't 100% true in photo its brighter in natural light)

x

Attachments

• ojok0713 014-001.jpg
    ojok0713 014-001.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 2,116
It's gorgeous but S2 are out of the yellow noooooo!! I've just watched a Devine by design you tube tutorial so I think I want them all now lol just realised what I've been missing out on!! X

I would recommend getting the new forbidden collection of additives if you can. The colours are AMAZING!!

Edited to add: This colour wheel is of the new additives in the forbidden collection. Not the best picture.

Attachments

• 1149067_578291822228233_824215830_n.jpg
    1149067_578291822228233_824215830_n.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
Get the new ones for definite because they are ltd editions. I'd then add some others the sparkles are always the most popular for me, green gold sparkle, pink gold sparkle etc.

They are all fab though so get as many as you can lol xx

Oh god think my credit card is going to take a beating!! I have lots of normal glitters at home so I want to get additives that I will really see a difference using with my shellac :) thanks Im so excited! X

I've just done this colour wheel showing a colour on it's own next to one with an additive over it. The additives I used were violet pearl, pink/gold sparkle, green/gold sparkle and the new blue heaven additive.

Attachments

• 1376732586701.jpg
    1376732586701.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,555
Thank you for all the pictures I can't wait to get them down now xx

I love pink/gold sparkle I use it over heaps its sooo pretty plus great for mixing into acrylic powder too it looks gorgeous

I would recommend getting the new forbidden collection of additives if you can. The colours are AMAZING!!

Edited to add: This colour wheel is of the new additives in the forbidden collection. Not the best picture.

This is brill, I love the electric blue and cant wait to use my blue heaven, I have a feeling blue heaven is going to look amazing over tinted love.

Only did my nails 6 days ago...too soon to do them again tonight??
x

What have you put the new plum additive over? I am struggling with that one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

What have you put the new plum additive over? I am struggling with that one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used the new Plum additive over Tinted Love - with and without the last two nails on the wheel HTH x

No idea why pic comes out upside down lol ! :o

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,015
Oh lord. I really want to get some additives at Olympia but I need to know why to order before I get there....
Will they have all the collections of additives or will I have to mix and match? I only have about 15 colours so I think these additives will be fab.

Sorry if this has been asked before. How many do I need to start with? I guess I want to know the top 5 additives?x

I started this thread and I ended up ordering them all! I do not have any self control when ordering from s2 so £218 later I have my new additives and some new colours! Can't wait for them to arrive haha my poor credit card last order for a long long time lol! X

Latest posts

Back