CND Brisa Lite smoothing gel, any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieD

Reaction score
Hi I have been looking into investing in brista lite smoothing gel . I currently use CND shellac.
What I would love to know is is it any good for clients that have peeling nails before shellac colours... And does it keep the colour on longer?
And on its own without Shellac colour does it add strength to your nails?
And do you charge extra for this servise and shellac colour ?

Hi I have been looking into investing in brista lite smoothing gel . I currently use CND shellac.
What I would love to know is is it any good for clients that have peeling nails before shellac colours... And does it keep the colour on longer?
And on its own without Shellac colour does it add strength to your nails?
And do you charge extra for this servise and shellac colour ?
Hi - I use it for all of the reasons you have stated. Mainly under shellac for those who need a little more strength and extra wear. Definitely worth investing in. I add £4 to a regular shellac service for it. Hope that helps x

T
Hi - I use it for all of the reasons you have stated. Mainly under shellac for those who need a little more strength and extra wear. Definitely worth investing in. I add £4 to a regular shellac service for it. Hope that helps x
How much more wear do you think you get using Smoothing gel, as in days or a week? And do you soak it off each time too, or just buff the colour off?

I've started having trouble with shellac only lasting a few days now, I've been doing them for a couple of years but just in the last few weeks they just aren't lasting got new bulbs new base and top coat, apply dehydrator and use scrub fresh with all cuticle work, do you think if I use brisa lite it may help keep shellac on??? Ta

Technically one of the benefits of Sculpting gel is you don't have to remove it. Saying that, it is designed to be removed quickly in acetone so if you apply Shellac over it and remove shellac, it will dissolve the Sculpting gel. So you will need to file off shellac and rebalance growth, or soak the entire thing off (which just takes a bit more time).

@Beauty4all has the right approach :)

* Edit to correct info

Last edited:
I've started having trouble with shellac only lasting a few days now, I've been doing them for a couple of years but just in the last few weeks they just aren't lasting got new bulbs new base and top coat, apply dehydrator and use scrub fresh with all cuticle work, do you think if I use brisa lite it may help keep shellac on??? Ta

If it is because the natural nail is thinner and/or overly flexible then Brisa Lite will certainly help.

Ah great that could be the problem, some of my clients remove their own shellac and have a habit of buffing their nails away!!!

T

How much more wear do you think you get using Smoothing gel, as in days or a week? And do you soak it off each time too, or just buff the colour off?
Most of my ladies get an extra week with BrisaSG under shellac. Personally I soak off Shellac and BSG together for a re-shellac service.

Technically one of the benefits of smoothing gel is you don't have to remove it. Saying that, it is designed to be removed quickly in acetone so if you apply Shellac over it and remove shellac, it will dissolve the smoothing gel. So you will need to file off shellac and rebalance growth, or soak the entire thing off (which just takes a bit more time).

@Beauty4all has the right approach :)

You can rebalance the smoothing gel!? I thought it was only the sculpting gel that you could? I mean the smoothing gel is a layer applied as thin as polish so there is no bulk to to thin and reshape? And with the removal been just a bit longer than shellac, I don't see the point in rebalancing. I was also wondering is the clear smoothing gel just as strong as the clear sculpting gel? I get that it's much thinner in consistency but if it was applied the same thickness? And I was also wondering what will the removal time be for smoothing gel + shellac with the new xpress5 top coat? I'm assuming it will be 10 minutes down from 15? :)

You can rebalance the smoothing gel!? I thought it was only the sculpting gel that you could?

Yup. Just re-read and I must have totally had an aneurysm when writing that. Thanks for clarifying!

I was also wondering is the clear smoothing gel just as strong as the clear sculpting gel? I get that it's much thinner in consistency but if it was applied the same thickness?
Good question, but it isn't the thickness that is giving it the strength and support. Thicker Smoothing gel would be stronger than thinner, but at that point you may as well apply Sculpting :)

And I was also wondering what will the removal time be for smoothing gel + shellac with the new xpress5 top coat? I'm assuming it will be 10 minutes down from 15?

Another great question. I think that is a safe assumption you will knock 3-4 minutes off removal, but I haven't seen any numbers and I haven't tried.

I will do now, or chuck it to the team at the Event :)

BL Smoothing gel is great for clients who have weaker more flexible nails, it helps them to get to their next appointment chip free. Not necessarily adding on to the 14 day wear , but definitely helping them reach that.

I only use my BL Sculpting Gel for repairs to broken nails to add length and keep clients nails looking uniform and great. I rebalance it until the nail is back to its correct length, gives me something to do whilst the Shellac is being soaked off the others. Usually after 2 rebalances it can be soaked off with the rest.

I love both products and wouldn't be without them.

Latest posts

Back