CND Cuticle Away, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
After using cuticle away, am I best to ask client to wash hands in water or can I go straight on to dehydrate na plate?...
Thanks geeks :)

I was told to clean the nail with soap and water- mix up in a spray bottle and spray onto the clients nails and wipe away

Not sure if anyone else confirm or not?

You should either wash there hands or wipe with a water spray and dry. X

Soap and water to deactivate the cuticle away. Easier to use a spray with your soapy water then a flannel to dry off, than to go and wash hands.

Hope this helps

Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

So if I use a pre-made spray and cotton ball to de-activate then prep as normal?.. I'm worried if client washes hands then the nail plate will swell and cause lifting problems ....

As I'm mobile I have a small pump bottle with a bit of soapy water in and I pump it out onto a lint free wipe and clean the nails and surrounding skin.

You can simply spray a nail wipe with your soap and water solution then wipe the nail then continue and shape the nails then Scrubfresh :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

That's fab ... Thankyou so much !
Last time I used cuticle away I asked client to wash hands and dry thoroughly, however they felt damp as I progressed to applying l&p... A few lifted in 10days and other than this my nails go the distance, no lifting etc! It put me off using cuticle away e en though it's an amazing product.... I'm ready to try again, ... Thankyou xx

Sameel,
lifting at the 10day mark is not your fault... lifting in the first 2-3 days most likely is...

I would be more likely to expect force or picking to be the culprit at the 10 day mark...

To add to all the others good suggestions,
Cuticle away is a 20% concentration of Sodium hydroxide, a strong alkaline that actually breaks down the bond in skin cells. The first it affects is non living cells as they are already weakened.

but if left on for too long it will start to damage living tissue, which will age and damage the appearance of the skin fold cells.

This is why it must be deactivated by rinsing off. I personally generously spray water with a tiny amount of sensations hand wash to ensure it is cleaned off properly..

hth's

Latest posts

Back