CND Five Day Foundation Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hols

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice.

I am doing the foundation acrylic course with CND in september and I am looking to work as a nail tech after I qualify. Will I be able to gain insurance to work in a salon/mobile after I complete the course?

I have spoken to several salon owners and they have said that for me to be able work in their salon I need insurance - is this the same kind of insurance that a mobile nail tech needs (Personal Liability), or is it something different?

Also has anyone else done this course with CND and gained insurance afterwards? I was told I would gain a City & Guilds cert/qualification....is this correct?

Would really appreciate your input!

Thanks!

I can't speak on your local restrictions, but generally speaking, you need specific insurance for being mobile in case you damage someone's floors, etc. Plus insurance for your services.

Also, a word of the wise, many girls think they'll be able to jump right into working as a nail tech after their course, but unless you have some freaky bionic talent, your work will need vast improvement before you begin working on paying clients. And I mean that in a loving way, not a catty way. <3

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback - yeah my plan was to look towards working in a salon to gain experience for a while after I qualify (if I can). Some salon owners that have advertised a job vacancy say they're looking for both experienced and learners which is good.

Going back to insurance in general - say I wanted to work in a salon - is it a legal/trade requirement (so to speak) to be insured. And if so - does anyone known if I would be able to obtain insurance once I have completed the CND course?! X

Yes you will be able to gain insurance, there are several insurers who will all cover you once you have passed your cnd foundation. Try the guild, babtac, salon gold, they seem to ne the most popular x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

If you are independent, you will need to obtain insurance for yourself no matter what. Even if you never injure someone a day in your life, there's always one person who will take advantage of the situation and sue you. Even if you did nothing wrong, you could lose everything, including your house, car, savings, etc. If you are an employee, they usually will have insurance on your behalf.

That's all I can really say, seeing as I live in Canada and the local laws are different in each place regarding how much insurance and with whom you need.

Latest posts

Back