CND, Jessica or OPI...opinions please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy64

Reaction score
I apologise that there have been many threads about polish blands and which is best, but I wanted to see if anyone had used all 3 to make a direct comparison? I currently use China Glaze which I get on with fine but some clients are name conscious so want to offer something well known.

Even if you haven't tried all 3, I'd be very interested in your opinions anyway to help me decide which system to go for...

Thank you :hug:

I have used all 3 in varying concentrations. I started with Jessica, but found some of the colours got really thick quite quickly, but the coverage on the whole was quite good. I only have a couple of OPI colours from the Designer range and they are lovely.

My polish of choice now though is the CND colour and effects range - they started with 50 creme colours and 15 effects so for every colour you can have a minimum of 4 different "colours". They have since added a couple more seasonal colours.

If you havent tried them then I would highly recommend you do.

We have both Jessica and OPI. Jessica apply nicely but they do go quite thick in the bottle about half way down. OPI is still quite new to us and we are getting used to the different brush etc, but I love the colour range and the names! Sad to like that about a varnish but they just make the range a lot of fun. When applying a Jessica varnish you can have a reasonable amount of product on the brush and it applies well, you can really work with it, OPI is a little different but not enough to put me off. We also have 3 of the CND Effects and they are a lot of fun! They can completely change the look of a varnish and they can be used with any varnish brand and also work nicely with Shellac, which we also have.

I've used Jessica for years but by bringing in other brands we are rediscovering what fun nails can be :o) Hope that helps

Every person will have different opinions and what works for some, won't work for another. Personally, I hate Jessica polish, but love their quick-dry drops. Why don't you get one or two bottles from each range, getting a similar colour from each, to assess? After all, it's your opinion that counts.

Every person will have different opinions and what works for some, won't work for another. Personally, I hate Jessica polish, but love their quick-dry drops. Why don't you get one or two bottles from each range, getting a similar colour from each, to assess? After all, it's your opinion that counts.

Sound advice :)

So good to see such even-handed posts! As the others have said, it will be down to personal preference and there is no alternative to trying them yourself! I personally use Jessica as it ticks all my boxes, but I have used OPI and other professional polishes and they all perform as you would expect, i.e. a hundred times better than cheap polishes!

opi and cnd for, also have few leighton dennys which clients love.
not a big fan of jessica, unlike cpl of other posters - so it seems it really is down to personal choice ;-)

Hi,
CND all the way! But I also like Nubar aswell :)

Latest posts

Back